forum

My sensitivity in-game is above 1x

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ultimoakim
...but I read so many forum posts that it's not a good idea to do that, and that I should set my sensitivity at 1x while changing the tablet area instead of the in-game sens.
The problem is, the current sens I'm using feels great.. And I don't want to move from it.
So,... what should I do? Can I still stick with this sensitivity?

And for those who are seasoned at playing osu!, this must be a very cliche question you see all the time, so forgive me. I don't know much about osu! so I just wish to know.

Any advice/information about this is appreciated.

Thank you.
maraa
you can recreate the sensitivity feel with changing tablet area/ mouse DPI settings. It may be hard to find the exact symmetry, but its worth it. The reason for this is because you lose accuracy when changing the post processed sensitivity. All it does it take the values sent to the program from your mouse/tablet drivers and multiply the value by that amount. So what you end up getting is skipping in your cursor movement.

At work i use a shit mouse and i'm used to high dpi settings so i have to actually crank up the post processed sensitivity in windows settings basically all the way, and one thing i've noticed is that i cannot snap to pixels anymore. the smallest movements i can make are about 4 pixels at a time. But that's at the extreme.

When playing a game >60 fps and rapid cursor movement, you really need as good of cursor resolution and as little skipping as possible. This is why you always want as raw of values coming from your device drivers as possible.
DXPOHIHIHI
If it's comfortable for you then stick with it
show more