forum

[Archived] Osu! deleted itself?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cent
My osu deleted itself weirdly enough, I reinstalled it, and now I have to get all my songs back, any help to get them back faster? It said something about a Shortcut wasn't existing.
Death
osu! Won't just uninstall itself randomly. The default installation path is either "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!", "C:\Program Files\osu!", or "C:\Program Files(x86)\osu!" depending on when you originally installed the game.

If you didn't change the path upon originally installing the game you'll likely find it in one of those locations. Otherwise you'll probably want to make sure you don't have anything on your computer deleting files without your knowledge.

If you have supporter you can search the website by Ranked (Played) maps to help find some of the maps you've played faster if osu! was somehow deleted.
Topic Starter
cent
But it did. It literally got rid of it, I don't really have a Anti-Virus at all, I never changed its directory, or did I ever move it anywhere, it just went away.
Death

Death wrote:

Otherwise you'll probably want to make sure you don't have anything on your computer deleting files without your knowledge.
This sentence is not limited to antivirus.