forum

[Archived] Offline for a long time. Help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
S7z7g7
[Offline for a long time. Help!]

Hello all,

So, I have been inactive from Osu! for almost a year because my tablet broke and instead of buying a new one, I decided to focus on exams and quit PC gaming (I became a console peasant). Now, however, I want to start playing Osu! again so I ordered a tablet which is arriving tomorrow >///<

I have noticed something concerning however. Back when I was playing, I used to get scores in the 150-200pp range, and obviously since I have been offline for a while, my rank has gone. I submitted a low pp score using my mouse to see if I would get my rank back (I can't FC anything with mouse lol) but my rank didn't return (kind of). In-game it says I am rank 800,000 or something and on my profile it hasn't updated at all. I used to be rank 50k or so when I used to play and now I am worried that when I start submitting my typical scores when my tablet arrives, all my previous ones will be disregarded and I will have to grind all the way back to 50k.

Could someone basically tell me what happens when I start submitting scores again, and if I will get my original rank of ~50k back?

Cheers!
dokidokidok
Have a look at this post https://osu.ppy.sh/home/news/2018-05-16-performance-updates , this probably happened to you since you were inactive a long period of time.

Though i can't really answer whether you can get back to your rank immidiately heh :3
Death
You will get a rank back, not necessarily your original 50k rank considering a lot of people have passed you over time.

Looks like you have actually gotten your rank back, and it's 62k, not too far off your original rank.