forum

[Archived] Osu! Graphics card issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gun
Whenever I install Osu! it goes directly to my integrated graphics card instead of my gtx 1060. However, whenever going into the nvidia control panel and manually switiching my gtx to work with osu!, I get the error, "can't find the name of intel icd open gl driver" I'm assuming it is finding the intel card before the gtx and it will not switch, I have no idea what to do at this point.
Death

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Topic Starter
Gun

Death wrote:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.

My problem isn't that I can't open it in general, I can use my intel graphics card and play. However, its not even possible for me play with my nvidia card, which is what I want. How do I force osu to play with my gtx 1060 instead of the integrated graphics card? And control panel doesn't work as I said because then the game for some reason needs the intel graphics card to even run.
Death
I understand your issue. The quote I provided contains a solution and two workarounds to it, one of which you were already doing (running with integrated graphics) so you can ignore that one.
Topic Starter
Gun

Death wrote:

I understand your issue. The quote I provided contains a solution and two workarounds to it, one of which you were already doing (running with integrated graphics) so you can ignore that one.

So I checked my driver to the website, my driver was already updated (I did this a while back for seperate reasons). Should I just stay with the temporary solution?
Death
You can, but you shouldn't have to. Open up your device manager and expand the display adapters tab. Double click on the one that item that says Intel and on the new window that pops up, take a picure of the Driver tab.
Topic Starter
Gun

Death wrote:

You can, but you shouldn't have to. Open up your device manager and expand the display adapters tab. Double click on the one that item that says Intel and on the new window that pops up, take a picure of the Driver tab.

https://gyazo.com/44520c9936266e490744ed80fddf2b54 Since I am using a prebuilt by acer, it was limited to that version.
Death
Do they have any older drivers listed on their website? You might be able to roll back to one of those and fix the issue. There is also a way to manually install graphics drivers if Acer is preventing you from using the executable. If you don't want to do that, or Acer doesn't have any older driver versions, you may need to just stick with the other workarounds until Acer updates their provided drivers.
Topic Starter
Gun

Death wrote:

Do they have any older drivers listed on their website? You might be able to roll back to one of those and fix the issue. There is also a way to manually install graphics drivers if Acer is preventing you from using the executable. If you don't want to do that, or Acer doesn't have any older driver versions, you may need to just stick with the other workarounds until Acer updates their provided drivers.
Sadly, from what I saw they only listed the latest drivers. And I had tried manually installing a later version off of intel, but acer doesn't even recognize the file, and further so, intel states themselves companies like acer have their own driver updates I would have to go by. I could try some older versions off of intel to see if any are compatible. But it is looking as I'll have to wait.

I was looking in that osu file you had mentioned to edit, turning this value to 1 came up with the same result as long as compatibility mode is 1, do you this would somehow fix it? https://gyazo.com/b07373258dd8d23565f5c3e8f0e5e4ad
Death

Worse wrote:

I was looking in that osu file you had mentioned to edit, turning this value to 1 came up with the same result as long as compatibility mode is 1, do you this would somehow fix it? https://gyazo.com/b07373258dd8d23565f5c3e8f0e5e4ad
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this.
Topic Starter
Gun

Death wrote:

Worse wrote:

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this.

It is of no concern, thanks for your help and time.