forum

Anime North 2012

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Greetings from an anonymous person.

I'm here to inquire as to who will be attending Anime North this year, as well as if those who plan to attend that are seeking to set up a plan for our excursion.

For those who are not familiar with Anime North:
Anime North is the largest Anime/Manga/Video Game convention held in Canada. It takes place at the Toronto Congress Center in Toronto, Ontario. This year it has been scheduled to take place on May 25th to the 27th. For those seeking an inquiry for more information about Anime North please visit the website at http://www.animenorth.com/live/.

Further along, this phenomenon first started as several of my acquaintances and I had connected through our online game Osu and we pondered as to who would be attending Anime North this year. During our conference, a friend mentioned that we as a group should organize and set up a meeting. When I first began, I was planning to directly mailing every Canadian player in the online game of Osu a preset message in hopes that they would respond. However I digress that plan has ended up in vain. Instead I have decided on an alternative plan. Below is a post about the meeting details.

It will take place at the Sheraton Hotel on Saturday night to Sunday morning, in the All-Night Gaming event. I trust that this meeting shall go through smoothly and I hope that all those who are interested will attend. This meeting is not mandatory and nor is it an official meeting for Anime North.

All those interested, I encourage you to bring your laptops, tablets or any other electronic devices that you may be using to play and have an enjoyable evening of chatting and playing in May.

For those with more inquiries, please post them here. If you are confirmed or considering your attendance, please contact me so that I may sort out a list. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I won't take any more of your time.

SPOILER
Attend, if not then I cannot guarantee your safety from my sunflowers! >=3
Haneii
Probably should have posted in the General Con thread.

Not that I mind >w<

Are the gaming rooms located at the Sheridan again this year (If I understood the site correctly, this year AN will only be at the Congress Centre and Doubletree) or are you setting this up on your own?
Topic Starter
=o, probably.... hmmm, well, this was from their website
"Anime North 2012 will be held on the weekend of May 25-27 (Memorial Day weekend) at the Toronto Congress Center, 650 Dixon Road, and at the Doubletree International Plaza Hotel, 655 Dixon Rd. (directly across the street). Additional events will be held at the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel 801 Dixon Road (formally the Renaissance), west of the Doubletree across the highway bridge). Daily parking is free at the Toronto Congress Center."

great.... i just realized i mis-spelled it =.=;;, oh wow, the person who edited it for me also didn't spot it... meh.... srry it's Sheraton =/
... .... SRRY

anyways, there should still be the all night gaming event this year like they have every year =x,
also to clear up on a few details, basically, at night, after the rave on saturday lol, there'll be these rooms with not much in it at sheraton, where ppl can just do whatever at night o3o,
Haneii

411662 wrote:

great.... i just realized i mis-spelled it =.=;;
Something about the word did feel odd. No wonder XD

Okay, thanks for clearing things up.
Topic Starter
by feb 20th 60% of the admissions were wold already o-o, hate how they're having the attendance cap this year... though last year it was as crowded as hell =.=;;
im gonna predict that there won't be any tickets left to be sold on site this year =(...
Weez
I'm trying to go this year. Last year i totally forgot and the year before that I had a grad trip.
And hopefully there will be a video game tourney that I'm good at :3
Topic Starter
hopefully~ maybe one day there'll be enough osu players in canada to ask them to make an osu tourny LOL,
after all, there was a DDR one last year and all xP
Weez
Is there a smash bros brawl tourny?? :D
Soulclenz
I've been wanting to see what it's like to attend one of these, perhaps i'll make the trip out to the big city.
YodaSnipe
awww yee Soulclenz coming out of his little hut into a man's world. THE CON WORLD!

BTW anime north wasn't THAT crowded last year, but it was crowded full of fun!!! I highly recommend this con to any anime fan, definitely the best in the country/year.

Also, I do believe my friend FurukawaPan will be there, I wanted to go to see him, with Soulclenz naturally. I'll ask around the Canadians I know and see if we can get some people to come.

BTW, at the gaming table or w.e, are you guys gonna hold an osu kinda tourney? If so SHOTTY 1ST PLACE ... we all know it's gonna happen anyways <3
Soulclenz

YodaSnipe wrote:

BTW, at the gaming table or w.e, are you guys gonna hold an osu kinda tourney? If so SHOTTY 1ST PLACE ... we all know it's gonna happen anyways <3
winner get's a free meal.
YodaSnipe
dude for real? u paying for my XL 3-topping pizza then eh?
Soulclenz

YodaSnipe wrote:

actually i was hoping YOU would be the one paying for that!
YodaSnipe

Soulclenz wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

actually i was hoping YOU would be the one paying for that!
I think all Canadians around Canada know that you can't hold a candle to me js <3

hmmm maybe XL Meatlovers I love my meat you know.
Soulclenz
now now, don't underestimate me just because im not a youngling like yourself.
YodaSnipe
hmmmm I wonder if we should be purchasing our AN tickets like now?
Soulclenz
That could be a wise decision, before I do that though I would have to make sure I can 100% get the time off from work, which shouldn't be a problem but you never know.
YodaSnipe
lolol MLGnom should come to canada to visit us
Soulclenz
Sure. The more the merrier.
Topic Starter
jokes xD!!!
sure i guess ppl can try to host a contest o3o, i wonder if enough ppl will bring laptops to hold one o3o, would be really fun though hehehe
show more