forum

[Archived] Everytime i click something the screen flashes black

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snowdrawing
Problem Details:
I watched a few videos and decided I liked osu and tried to download it. I created an account but noticed that whenever I clicked on something like username or password or the giant circle with osu in it my screen flashed black. I ignored it and tried to play my first song, but lo and behold I kept trying to click on the circles even though it kept flashing until the music became a glitchy mess and I was presented with the blue screen of death (unexpected kernel mode trap). My laptop restarted and now i'm kind of scared to try again. Can somebody help me?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Make sure you have no other programs running in the background when starting the osu!. Please also make sure you have any overlays disabled, examples of this are: Discord's in-game overlay, Steam's in-game overlay, etc.

Once osu! is open, disable "Shaders" and "Softening Filter" in the options menu and test to see if you are experiencing the same issues.

If not, great. Otherwise, please also try enabling "Compatibility mode" in the options menu.
Topic Starter
Snowdrawing
Thanks for replying. Before I got your message I tried osu again, this time I got to the song select with everything working fine but it suddenly took me back to my screen and the tab kind of disappeared which would have been fine if the music hadn't carried on and I had no way to stop it . It happened a few more times until it went back to flashing black. I would follow your advice but it either exists me out or gives me the blue screen of death before I can get anywhere. Osu is the only program I'm running so I don't know what's wrong. Again thanks for replying.
Flanster
Sounds a lot like a hardware issue, the blue screen you mentioned is related to RAM problems but from the black flashing it can be GPU related aswell.

Can you please provide the blue screen minidumps located in C:\Windows\Minidump
The 2-3 latest for consistency.