forum

Being able to move notes/marks with the keyboard in the Edit

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MathiasXII
As a new mapper (I guess lol), and as the rules of mapping are requiring greater excellence in quality overall, I really take the time to do my beatmaps as clean as possible before submitting them.

However, I sometimes find myself struggling doing that by mapping notes with a mouse. I know the coordinates of the note I want to place, but then I spend like 20 seconds just trying to center it on a certain spot, but then it skips two pixels all the time and it's ANNOYING. I KNOW I could lower my mouse sensitivity and proceed that way, but it kinda annoys me to adjust my mouse sensitivity back and forth before play and editing.

If there would be some kind of way to move hilighted notes in the editor with the keyboard, it would be SO MUCH EASIER to be able to adjust notes on the beatmap with the keyboard, moving them pixel by pixel with arrows and such... so placing the note where it belongs with the mouse, then doing minor moves with the keyboard.

Same thing with the dots... although this would be rather difficult to adjust I guess. Maybe some kind of shortcut where you click the note without moving your mouse and then use the arrow keys to move them?
Soaprman
I can't say I'd get a lot of use out of this, but I've wondered before why it doesn't exist. Keep in mind that left and right on the keyboard already do something.
ziin
not duplicate, but similar
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59037

This has already been requested before somewhere.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22489&hilit=arrow+keys
Ekaru

ziin wrote:

not duplicate, but similar
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59037
Not as intuitive or convenient, really.

Also, I've wanted this since at least 2010. Obvious support. 'Course, you'd have to have a key that enabled this due to left/right already doing something.