forum

[Archived] osu! stuttering non stop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nutella
Problem Details:

After moving windows into my SSD, leaving osu! in my HDD where windows used to be, everytime I try to play osu! now it stutters non stop. No clue if it's because I moved windows or a different case. The stutters happen for about half a second every 10 or so seconds.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171106.5 (latest)
Tsukeno
mnbnd
This has been happening to me as well, but I haven't changed anything about osu!.
Death
If it is a single consistent stutter every 10 seconds it could be because of a slideshow desktop background, if you that enabled.

Otherwise, you might need to take a look at your processes and close the ones you don't absolutely need to have open.
mFKNjones01
Are you dropping frames? Im having this problem but i have my osu on my SSD and im not dropping frames but osu is still freezing
Topic Starter
Nutella

Death wrote:

If it is a single consistent stutter every 10 seconds it could be because of a slideshow desktop background, if you that enabled.

Otherwise, you might need to take a look at your processes and close the ones you don't absolutely need to have open.

Slideshow wouldn't lag with my setup. Even then, it's disable. As for the process list, it's the same if not less than before it started stuttering. Hardware isn't even struggling.
GabePFF
Well i'm here to say that i've got this problem too and if someone sees this i would really take any advice.
It's stutters non stop and it's so unplayable :(
It doesn't drop frames it just starts freezing every 10 to 15 seconds :C
Death

GabePFF wrote:

Well i'm here to say that i've got this problem too and if someone sees this i would really take any advice.
It's stutters non stop and it's so unplayable :(
It doesn't drop frames it just starts freezing every 10 to 15 seconds :C

Close any processes you have running in the background that aren't necessary for your computer to run properly. Update all of your drivers.

Please make a new thread if you are still having issues.