forum

Spectator (No Beatmap) [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Why should it show us that spectator has not a beatmap? No map, no spectator, i find that useless and annoying.

discuss
Tshemmp
Maybe you have pity on him, so you /np him the map in a private chat (if he is not a supporter). This does not annoy me, I think it is useful.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
useful for what?
xsrsbsns
For knowing if someone tried to spectate you.
Especially when you are testing maps which are often updated (and hence "no beatmap").

It's fine and I don't find it annoying at all.

"It's annoying" is not a good enough reason to remove something informative.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Is it really needed?

I remember about 100 cases where i missed because of ninja spectator without map <_<
Suimya
but what the point in that all? o.o
Wishy
Zelos

Wishy22 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/173401
Pretty much what Wishy linked.
Just disable showing list of spectators if it bothers you that much.
Weez
What I want; if you spec someone and you don't have the map and your not a supporter, at least jump to the dl page so you can dl without asking for a /np
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Just disable showing list of spectators if it bothers you that much.
I want to know who is spectating, i don't want to know who is trying to spectate me <_<
Tshemmp

Louis Cyphre wrote:

I want to know who is spectating, i don't want to know who is trying to spectate me <_<
Where is the big difference?
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Where is the big difference?
I want to know who is spectating, i don't want to know who is trying to spectate me
Shiirn
again, tough. this is far more useful in general to show friends who are spectating but do not have the map (so you can wait for them) and a whole host of other reasons.

Alternatively, you can hide highscores + spectators while playing.

osu! is not something for you to randomly suggest wanton changes for just because you personally don't want to change your own settings a bit.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
osu! is not something for you to randomly suggest wanton changes for just because you personally don't want to change your own settings a bit.
Unfortunatly i'm not alone, i believe there are several users that don't like it too.
Shiirn
I apologize, i was using an encompassing "you", not a direct "you". I didn't mean you personally.
Soaprman

Louis Cyphre wrote:

Is it really needed?

I remember about 100 cases where i missed because of ninja spectator without map <_<
Is this so different from a spectator popping up without "(no beatmap)" beside it? Like, does it pull your eyes away from the action for longer? I can't see it being a big difference.
Topic Starter
Louis Cyphre
Is this so different from a spectator popping up without "(no beatmap)" beside it? Like, does it pull your eyes away from the action for longer? I can't see it being a big difference.
Nah, seems i'm alone. :(
Hanyuu
No I don't like it too.. sometimes their names are only flashing up for a second and they are gone and it is distracting and i feel they use this to get new songs from osu direct .. lol

But it is not so much a problem for me but because it hide the score board most of the time when i play. But it is still annoying
KRZY
Do what I do and re-login everytime someone without a map spectates you : D
Hanyuu
Oh and in multiplayer mode when you hide the score boards you still have the spectator message <<