forum

Thermostatic - So Close So Near

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mrtn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on donderdag 2 oktober 2008 at 9:23:42

Artist: Thermostatic
Title: So Close So Near
BPM: 140
Filesize: 5017kb
Play Time: 02:30
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4,53 stars, 264 notes)
  2. Hard (4,75 stars, 423 notes)
Download: Thermostatic - So Close So Near
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
New map of mine hope you guys like it :)

Thanks to LuigiHann for letting me use his EBA skin sound samples, I think the song sounds way better with those than with the default osu sounds :).

update 27-sep: followed eiji's comments
update 28 sep: followed echo's comments. echo: i hope you like the diamond :p
EiJi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mrtn
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
Normal:
00:06:45 (5) - move down one grid
00:13:95 (1) - i would delete this note, because after such a short spinner, a "normal" player probably wouldn't be able to reach this in time

Hard:
02:26:81 (11,12,13,1,2,3,4,5) - can you make that into a nice symmetrical diamond ^^

Timing is fine. I really like the 01:01:09 red->blue slider/beats
Topic Starter
mrtn
Echo
Love the new shape, it's better than my diamond :P

*bubbles*
Topic Starter
mrtn
Sinistro
This beatmap seemed oddly off to me until I realised the song (and the mapping choices) legitimately use a number of blue ticks. Spaced well, but its unconventional nature is sure to frustrate players until they examine it in the editor ;) Still, I did find one small issue:

Hard
01:35:48 (2) - the electronic voice you want to map it to is 1/4 later. Mind spacing.

Temporary star.
Topic Starter
mrtn

Sinistro wrote:

This beatmap seemed oddly off to me until I realised the song (and the mapping choices) legitimately use a number of blue ticks. Spaced well, but its unconventional nature is sure to frustrate players until they examine it in the editor ;) Still, I did find one small issue:

Hard
01:35:48 (2) - the electronic voice you want to map it to is 1/4 later. Mind spacing.

Temporary star.
I fixed the hard voice beat and I actually think an unconventional nature isn't all that bad. Besides I let my brother play it and he had little trouble following the blue tick beats. So I doubt it's really going to frustrate players.
If one just listens carefully to the music I'm sure it's playable. Also the 1/4 beats are mainly used on the hard difficulty. So I think it's OK.
Sinistro
Bubbl'd.
Topic Starter
mrtn
Echo
I give ze rank.
Topic Starter
mrtn
Cyclone
Online offset change: -12ms
CowNoseThe50PoundCat
Wow, this song was a lot of fun, I love the innovative beat pattern! Good job. :D