forum

Hello! New to the game, care to drop some tips? :)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theofficialnar
Hello everyone! I just started playing less than 2 days ago and I'm hooked, to the point I already ordered a tablet just for this game lol.

Care to drop some tips on how to improve? I am currently stuck at 2* maps and barely manage to complete them. I was wondering, what's the best way to practice? Should I enable NF when practicing as seeing I won't die that way?
Faye
There is no official best way to practice, and that holds true especially for 2* - 3*.
To improve, honestly, it just depends how much time you put into the game. Though there are decent practice maps available.
For jumps, try Delta-Max 'How fast can you jump?'
And for streams, just try looking up stream practice maps.

Remember, the game is of no point if you don't have fun. Never forget that!

Oh, and uh... Welcome to Osu and its forums!
Topic Starter
theofficialnar

Faye wrote:

There is no official best way to practice, and that holds true especially for 2* - 3*.
To improve, honestly, it just depends how much time you put into the game. Though there are decent practice maps available.

Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Thanks for the map tips, I'll check them out later when I get home. And of course, I'm in it for the fun, just really curious and amazed at how others managed get Godly reaction times in the game and I thought there are like settings, hardware stuff I need to check out.
Faye

theofficialnar wrote:

Faye wrote:

Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Thanks for the map tips, I'll check them out later when I get home. And of course, I'm in it for the fun, just really curious and amazed at how others managed get Godly reaction times in the game and I thought there are like settings, hardware stuff I need to check out.
Mostly, it's just whatever is the most comfortable for you. As long as you can hit notes and feel as if your cursor is going where you want it to - you're doing it right!
Topic Starter
theofficialnar

Faye wrote:

Mostly, it's just whatever is the most comfortable for you. As long as you can hit notes and feel as if your cursor is going where you want it to - you're doing it right!
Lol understandable. Can't for the tablet I ordered to arrive and play the game with it. I feel like playing with mouse is kind of hard since I can't move it fast enough to hit some of the crazily placed circles.
Faye

theofficialnar wrote:

Faye wrote:

Lol understandable. Can't for the tablet I ordered to arrive and play the game with it. I feel like playing with mouse is kind of hard since I can't move it fast enough to hit some of the crazily placed circles.
I'm a mouse user myself, got to 1.1kpp in 2 months, which is pretty good I believe.
Topic Starter
theofficialnar

Faye wrote:

I'm a mouse user myself, got to 1.1kpp in 2 months, which is pretty good I believe.
Ohh interesting. I somehow have a hard time with spins with a mouse, specially those where you need to spin it a lot then some new circles pop out of nowhere after it.
Faye

theofficialnar wrote:

Faye wrote:

Ohh interesting. I somehow have a hard time with spins with a mouse, specially those where you need to spin it a lot then some new circles pop out of nowhere after it.
Those are a problem regardless of tablet or not, I'm afraid. You'll just have to practice to work through it! ^^"
Ryoid
Boi i'm late..... Welcome to the forum!

theofficialnar wrote:

Faye wrote:

well,i'm a mouse user myself (didn't play osu recently) it just a matter mental,git gut, play more and enjoy the
and for the spin problem, try to spin as small circle and fast as possible cause it help you when there is a new circle pops out so you can easily aim them
And faye good work there, make sure newcomer get a warm welcome as i see this intro thread is kinda quiet lately
Well, good luck and don't forget to enjoy the game
starscreampie
hi! welcome to the game! and it's forums, i'm also new to the forums :)

for me, though there's no official way to improve, i usually like to try maps that are just too hard for me, and try to work my way up to where i can at least pass them. doing maps that you can reliably FC but with Hard Rock or Double Time is also a good way to practice harder jumps and approach rates without it being completely unfamiliar

And practice maps are very helpful! these square jump practice maps helped me especially: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/112651
_SkyFall
Welcome to the forums!

The only way to get better at osu is a lot of practice :p