[Archived] How is this possible?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NixXSkate
These are scores from this map:
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/101312&m=0
(Reiji's Hard)

This song has no spinners, so how can some scores be higher than others despite them being SS?
(#12&13, #32&33)
Copter-kun
What
Breeze
They used some modes that has bonus score
winber1

Breeze wrote:

They used some modes that has bonus score
He's talking about in comparison between the SS scores with the same mods (or no mod), not the SS with no mods and the S/SS's with mods

he states #32 and #33 (and #12 and #13) both have SS's in a song that apparently has no spinners. Theoretically, SSing a song with no spinners and no mods (or the same mods) should lead to the same score every time.

Some other thread asked about this I'm pretty sure. It might have to do with some sort of lag or something locally at each individual computer. I've heard bugs about Spun-out giving different scores for different people on the same spinner. Probably something related i guess. idk tho, i mean it's like an 48 point difference, which is tiny. I have no idea where that could have came from >_>
Breeze
I misunderstand it
#31 #32 are the same score but 48 more score than #33...
as winber1 said, lag maybe :/
idk lol
Cheer-no
Going by the other post about this, there seems to be some bug that tricks the score handler into giving an extra 48 points sometimes. Wonder what causes it...
seasonS

Cheer-no wrote:

Going by the other post about this, there seems to be some bug that tricks the score handler into giving an extra 48 points sometimes. Wonder what causes it...
Or it could just be that they got 100% on the song first? It would make sence that if I got 100% first, then you got it second I would have a higher rank because I achieved it first. Thats my guess.
OzzyOzrock

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

Cheer-no wrote:

Or it could just be that they got 100% on the song first? It would make sence that if I got 100% first, then you got it second I would have a higher rank because I achieved it first. Thats my guess.
No, it would NOT make sense. Being the first to do so allows you to keep that spot and have tied scores go under until someone with more mods on beats you; but it does not give you more points.
Backstabber
Seen this before with HD+HRvsDT. All SS. But then I believe the difference was more than 48 points.
Sure
48 points for random bonus! lol (joke)

Backstabber wrote:

Seen this before with HD+HRvsDT.
It's quite different situation.
HD(x1.06) x HR(x1.06) = 1.1236
Should be multiplied, not added.
Backstabber
When i choose both it says x1.12 ingame. But thats just rounded down then, and it uses 1,1236 when it calculates the score? Nice toi know.