forum

Offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Realmas
Hey.

I know that the global offset should always be 0, but I always get -12ms of average error, and when I try to tap a bit after to have a good UR, I end up hitting correctly but it sounds weird and too late to me. Then should I still keep the 0 global offset and try to hit a bit later or change it ?

Nattsun
Adjust the offset and do what feels right for you. If it sounds right your offset is fine, even if it is +-XX. It may be a problem caused by your drivers, did you always have this issue?
Topic Starter
Realmas

Nattsun wrote:

Adjust the offset and do what feels right for you. If it sounds right your offset is fine, even if it is +-XX. It may be a problem caused by your drivers, did you always have this issue?
I don't remember having that earlier.
Thanks for the answer I will try then
ManuelOsuPlayer
Share a photo of the Ms indicator at the botton of your screen playing a song what you like following the music. And the map what you play.
When you use rhythm sense to play you can know exactly how ms you have to move the offset after play only a couple patterns. Because tap go 100% related to music and circles reading dosn't affect your tap timming.
Topic Starter
Realmas

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Share a photo of the Ms indicator at the botton of your screen playing a song what you like following the music. And the map what you play.
When you use rhythm sense to play you can know exactly how ms you have to move the offset after play only a couple patterns. Because tap go 100% related to music and circles reading dosn't affect your tap timming.
Yeah I know that, and my ideal offset is -12ms, but the fact that some people say that it might simply be that I'm simply not tapping properly while I think I am makes me unsure. :/
So yeah I will try to send a photo later.
Blackheart
The method described here worked perfectly for me. I'd recommend that you don't do it when you just played osu! though, because if your offset is incorrect, you don't want to subconsciously apply countermeasures against that while correcting the offset (this happened to me at first).
Topic Starter
Realmas

Blackheart wrote:

The method described here worked perfectly for me. I'd recommend that you don't do it when you just played osu! though, because if your offset is incorrect, you don't want to subconsciously apply countermeasures against that while correcting the offset (this happened to me at first).
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. :/

So here is the pic of my hit error bar when I play listening to the rhythm :
Blackheart
Yeah, that looks as if the offset is slightly off. Just don't play osu! for like an hour or so and then follow the instructions from the wiki.