forum

Finger strength

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KCLucky
Hello everyone out there,

I've started playing Osu Standart about a year ago. I am around the 45k mark and they only thing that is really worrying me is my ability to stream. I am fairly decent at technical stuff and my jumping is also pretty consistent. I can hit smaller streams if I am really focused, but other than that I am limited in that aspect.

What I have noticed is that my left arm (tapping) is so much weaker than my right. I think that its normal to some extent. When I try tapping both my hands at the same time my right two fingers are like twice as fast but my left fingers are far more consistent.

I dont feel like I will ever be able to do longer streams or high 210+ bpm streams even.

I am scared that it might have to do with rsi, which I had a few months back. I changed my playing position and all that and it got better since then.

Other than playing more streaming practice everyday, what is it that I could do to strengthen my left arm and fingers? I just feel super weak when playing stream practice maps. I am very inconsistent and I cant hold it longer than 10seconds at any rate of bpm.

Is there any gymnastics or training I can do other than playing osu? I feel like playing stream practice maps will ruin my hand with RSI entirely again.
Maybe train the entire hand or muscles neccessary and not just index and middle finger?

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you can help me out. :)

:D

KC Lucky
WraidN
General fitness, like pushups, pullups and things like that is great. But what is really great is when you get good at pushups you can do finger pushups and then advance to two finger per hand pushups and use the fingers that you play with.
worst fl player
Topic Starter
KCLucky

WraidN wrote:

General fitness, like pushups, pullups and things like that is great. But what is really great is when you get good at pushups you can do finger pushups and then advance to two finger per hand pushups and use the fingers that you play with.
Thank you :) Thats very helpful! I'll try that since I need to do some sports anyways.
Luqanted
General Discussion is for non-osu! related topics.

This thread is supposed to be Gameplay & Rankings. so next time try reading the guidelines for each forum to know what your gonna post ;)
Cnyan

kclucky wrote:

Hello everyone out there,

I've started playing Osu Standart about a year ago. I am around the 45k mark and they only thing that is really worrying me is my ability to stream. I am fairly decent at technical stuff and my jumping is also pretty consistent. I can hit smaller streams if I am really focused, but other than that I am limited in that aspect.

What I have noticed is that my left arm (tapping) is so much weaker than my right. I think that its normal to some extent. When I try tapping both my hands at the same time my right two fingers are like twice as fast but my left fingers are far more consistent.

I dont feel like I will ever be able to do longer streams or high 210+ bpm streams even.

I am scared that it might have to do with rsi, which I had a few months back. I changed my playing position and all that and it got better since then.

Other than playing more streaming practice everyday, what is it that I could do to strengthen my left arm and fingers? I just feel super weak when playing stream practice maps. I am very inconsistent and I cant hold it longer than 10seconds at any rate of bpm.

Is there any gymnastics or training I can do other than playing osu? I feel like playing stream practice maps will ruin my hand with RSI entirely again.
Maybe train the entire hand or muscles neccessary and not just index and middle finger?

Thanks for reading. Hopefully you can help me out. :)

:D

KC Lucky
The best pratice is to push the hardest you can on stream maps everyday
Good maps to start
- Throught the fire and flames
- valley of damned
- blue zenith
- freedom dive (expert lv once you get better)
dung eater
need time to recover, too, if you start to feel tired or sluggish just after starting you might not have recovered from your last session