forum

Is it possible to play at this speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/770127&m=3

Ok so I watched Jhlee's play on Blastix Riotz Gravity and can someone tell me how he played at that scroll speed? I've seen some of Jhlee's twitch streams on youtube so I don't doubt he is a mania god, but just looking at how fast the notes go I'm having a hard time believing that map is possible to play through at that speed. Is it just that I have a 60hz monitor and he may have a 144hz monitor so its just harder for me to read, or did osu somehow make the replay look faster, or is that actually how it looked to Jhlee as he played the song?
Yuudachi-kun
You know you can't tell what scroll someone actually played by replays right
Neuro-
I'm sure its possible with training at whatever scroll speed you saw, but as yuudachi said the replay may not be the same scroll speed he played with.
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Oh I thought it was. Why does it change then?
Caput Mortuum
Replays should give the player's scroll speed. I think the reason why it scrolls so fast is because jhlee is using bpm scaled scroll speed, while you use the fixed one.
Yuudachi-kun

RhythmRetard wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Oh I thought it was. Why does it change then?
Because osu doesn't work. Everytime someone spectates me they see scroll 40.
Topic Starter
RhythmRetard

Eraser wrote:

Replays should give the player's scroll speed. I think the reason why it scrolls so fast is because jhlee is using bpm scaled scroll speed, while you use the fixed one.
Thats what I thought. When I increased the scroll speed by 1 on his replay to see what it was the speed acrtually became much slower.