forum

[web] Recommended beatmaps based on user's interest

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
Self explanatory, but for those of you who don't understand what I want, let me help you with these illustrations.

Illustration 1
I'm an average player who loves long maps. The recommended difficuty for me is about 4.8 stars, but my history said I play mostly long maps (5 minute maps or longer) with difficulty stars of 5.2. Therefore I'm interested in these kind of maps and I would like to explore more, but it took a lot of time for me to find them.
Illustration 2
I'm an average player who loves short maps. I like playing TV Size maps with DT, because I want fast-paced beatmap but it's short enough so I don't have to worry about my stamina. The recommended difficulty for me is about 4.8 stars, but my history said I play mostly 3.6-4 star maps. Because I play with DT, those stars goes above 5 stars. Therefore I'm interested in these kind of maps and I would like to explore more, but it took a lot of time for me to find them.
Illustration 3
I'm an average player who loves EDM maps. I like playing these maps because I enjoy them. Therefore I'm interested in these kind of maps and I would like to explore more, but it took a lot of time for me to find them.
Sandy Hoey
So basically better search criteria
can be completed through this request: t/175892
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
Edited: it's not search criteria thingy (although it may similiar to it)

in beatmap listing, under general there are options, 'recommended' and 'converted'. I want the recommended ones to be improved rather than just a basic difficulty recommendation. Sort of like youtube's suggestion category or Google's page ranking system.

I only wanted some basic things like 'what are you interested with?' or 'do you like this one?'. So, when I look at the recommended tab, it display a list of beatmaps that may give me interest. It's like, 'Oh, you like playing long maps with HDHR! I think I found some beatmaps that may interest you based on your play history and other users' interest'.
Sandy Hoey
it is not an exact duplicate, but it can be used to accomplish what you want and is just generally more useful
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
Yeah, but some people (like me) tend to forget what are we looking for exactly. And I hope this feature could be slightly useful.
Sandy Hoey
Or you can just use Tillerino, don't know why I didn't think of that before. It provides maps around your difficulty and looks for songs based on your top plays
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
Tillerino is having a lot of downtime recently. It's a great service but it's a community service-based, there will always lots of downtime.

Also, new players may don't know what tillerino is, or may never heard of it. So they relies heavily on this site.