forum

Masato Nakamura - Star Light Zone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Silvuh
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy
in before mtmcl accuses me of playing favourites. >_>

No problems that I can see, really well mapped. Bubble.
Dakeyrus
BEAUTIFUL song and map. Very well done. I see no problems, and so I shall rank it :D. Cheers.
[deleted user]

Dakeyrus wrote:

BEAUTIFUL song and map. Very well done. I see no problems, and so I shall rank it :D. Cheers.
kingcobra52
Err...2 things:

1. Did either of you double check the offset? I was getting more 100's than usual on this and I wasn't sure if it was me or the beatmap.

2. Why isn't this repeated twice? Since the tune's so short, I don't see why not.
Cyclone
As cobra said, the offset is off. And the custom colors are very hard to see.
peppy
Offset is around 12ms too late, i guess. Unranking for the time being. Don't rank again without checking with me first (gotta fix/delete scores).
Cyclone
I'm getting 124.85 BPM and 21 offset

EDIT: Oh, and i can't stress this enough, the colors are hard to see.
peppy
Bump? Let's get this one reranked ASAP. *pokes silvuh*.
Topic Starter
Silvuh

kingcobra52 wrote:

Err...2 things:

1. Did either of you double check the offset? I was getting more 100's than usual on this and I wasn't sure if it was me or the beatmap.

2. Why isn't this repeated twice? Since the tune's so short, I don't see why not.
Oh, well, sorry, I'm not good at finding the offset. For some reason, the offset in SM is always different from the offset that's needed in Osu... And, well, it's easier to find a much more accurate offset in SM, 'cause you can turn the rate down to 10% and the sound doesn't glitch at all. Anyway, yeah, so the offset is off...

Is it just the offset, or is the BPM off too? Just want to make sure so I don't, uh, change the BPM from what it is or something...

Also, well, it's not repeated twice because, uh, just personal opinion, but I wouldn't care to play the same exact thing twice. I mean, if the song is repeated, you have more time to mess up...

Also, about the colors... what about them makes it hard to see? Are they not easy to tell apart from each other? Do they not contrast with the background enough? Are the colors too dark or too unsaturated? Or what? Should I make one of the greens much lighter than the other... or do I need to make all the colors lighter... Or just change the colors altogether?

Also, sorry about taking a while to respond. I only just noticed that the file was unranked, like, a few minutes before I had to leave for school this morning. So I'm posting about it now that I'm home...
Saturos

Silvuh wrote:

Is it just the offset, or is the BPM off too? Just want to make sure so I don't, uh, change the BPM from what it is or something...

Cyclone wrote:

I'm getting 124.85 BPM and 21 offset.
;x
Topic Starter
Silvuh

Saturos wrote:

;x
Yeah, I saw that. I just wanted someone else's assurance that that was right. So, thanks for that.

I'll reupload when I know just what to do with the colors...

And, oh, right, that reminds me... When I map more of these tunes, should the repeat be added? (I'm planning on mapping some more of this old Sonic music.) If so, I suppose I may as well map the repeat here, too...
kingcobra52

Silvuh wrote:

Also, well, it's not repeated twice because, uh, just personal opinion, but I wouldn't care to play the same exact thing twice. I mean, if the song is repeated, you have more time to mess up...
Kasada couldn't explain it much better. :P

But you don't have to since it's rankable as it is.

Imo though, I think it should be standard to have songs mapped twice when they're this short and loop.
Cyclone

Silvuh wrote:

Also, about the colors... what about them makes it hard to see?

Are they not easy to tell apart from each other?
Do they not contrast with the background enough?
Are the colors too dark or too unsaturated?
Should I make one of the greens much lighter than the other...
or do I need to make all the colors lighter...
Or just change the colors altogether?
Not really.
Yes, exactly.
Yes.
Eh, not sure.
More vivid may be the correct term .
Not really. I think it's cool that it follows the whole Blue=sonic, Orange=Tails thing, but when the colors start to blend with the background, it becomes a problem.

You may just want to go with a Blue, an Orange, and 1 shade of Green
Topic Starter
Silvuh
Well, for the colors, I made them lighter, so they should ... well, not be near as dark as the background now. Also, I liked having a green between the orange and blue, so, yeah. Kept two greens. If I made the colors too light, well, I can always change them again.

So, uh, anything else need fixing?
Cyclone
These colors sit with me much better than before :)

And nice loop there.

I just double checked my timing now that it's longer, meaning more precise timings are needed...

BPM: 124.86 BPM
(yes a +.01 difference)

It may not make any difference, but i thought i'd share what i came up with.
Topic Starter
Silvuh
Well, supposedly, a .01 difference is enough to need changing. On a five-minute long song, I think a .02 BPM difference would make the circles off by almost a yellow tick by the end... Yeah, the difference isn't as noticeable on shorter songs, but it's there.

It's neat seeing how changing the BPM moves the ticks around the circles, before you resnap it.
Mogsy
I see no more problems. Reranking this.