forum

Winter 2017 Anime First Impressions Chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Happy New Year, now get ready to start the new season and hope 2017 is better than 2016.

As always, post your impressions here on how you feel about the first episode or two of a series airing this season.
The list used for what is airing this season is here.

Most of you know, but for the new peoples:
Green is liked
Blue is neutral on
Red is disliked

Fill out your impressions into the form here
And see results here

Two series decided they'd be added 3 days ago and yesterday, so they are added to the bottom. Also something got deleted from the airing list but I don't feel like looking for it and removing it.

EDIT: Fate/Grand Order aired on the 31st, but it's something popular enough that people will actually watch, so it's now added to the bottom of the form.
Meah
Masamune-kun no Revenge: I've read the manga and I think this anime's gonna be good. Protagonist working hard for revenge because of some misunderstanding. Ep. airs in 3 days, gotta wait for this one ♥

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2: I've got nothing to say about this anymore. Oh wait... more EXPLOSIONS!
Foxtrot
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka - Hey, it's Madhouse and it has an interesting synopsis. Why not.

Little Witch Academia (TV) - I'VE BEEN WAITING

Youjo Senki - Read first chapter and I liked it. I'm excited to watch it.

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon - Don't judge me

Kizumonogatari III - Reiketsu-hen - Haven't watched the other two movies so I don't know if the trilogy is worth watching or not, but still something worth mentioning.

Masamune-kun no Revenge - Probably gonna watch this when bored

Rewrite / 2nd Season Moon-Hen/Terra-Hen - Probably gonna end up watching this because my SO really likes the series
Meah
Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-Bu: This anime is worth watching for, Yowamushi Pedal: NEW GENERATION is very good enough so I am expecting high on this one.

Urara Meirochou : Comedy + Slice of Life, artworks looks good too. But wtf is a diviner?

SUPER LOVERS 2 : No!
Faust
Chart looks abysmal as always.

Little Witch Academia and Masamune's Revenge are what I take. Kizu part 3 is obligatory.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Expecting to only keep up with Little Witch Academia, Tales of Zesteria the X 2 (since ufotable), and hoping to like Masamune-kun no Revenge. I marked a decent amount to try and watch, but I'm most likely just giving myself false hope.

Youjo Senki looks interesting, and I want to like Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon because KyoAni and people keep hyping it.
Luqanted
Masamune-kun no Revenge: the voice actors fitted the characters in this series and so far the manga is great. this anime will probably get amazing reviews by other people.

what a way to start the year <3 <3
blissfulyoshi
Well I'm pretty hyped for this season considering that Kyoani is doing Maidragon, and Doga Kobo is doing Gabriel Dropout, but beyond that, I'm not sure what else I'll watch. There are plenty of titles I know of the source material from, but we'll see how that turns out.

For now, I'm just going to review the stuff that I watched the last few days, even though 2 of them aren't on the list.

Elsword: El Lady: I didn't realize that Korean companies still did full blown shows, but here we are with a low budget action series based on an MMO. For some reason, frames seemed like they were lagging every few seconds. Not sure if it is a problem with the stream of the source, but the combination of that, boring action, questionable voice acting, and nothing else of real appeal, made this show an easy drop.

Fate / Grand Order -First Order-: (It aired on New Year's Eve, right before Midnight striked, so I'm just going to put this here) A solid introduction to the series. While it definitely wasn't anything amazing, a passable plot with passable action scenes and plenty of cameos for players made it a fun watch. (Why Gudako appeared sane is a question for a different time though?)

Koro-sensei Quest!: A fairly ugly gag take on Ansatsu Kyoushitsu with not very funny jokes. Dropped.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Well I'm pretty hyped for this season considering that Kyoani is doing Maidragon, and Doga Kobo is doing Gabriel Dropout, but beyond that, I'm not sure what else I'll watch. There are plenty of titles I know of the source material from, but we'll see how that turns out.

For now, I'm just going to review the stuff that I watched the last few days, even though 2 of them aren't on the list.

Elsword: El Lady: I didn't realize that Korean companies still did full blown shows, but here we are with a low budget action series based on an MMO. For some reason, frames seemed like they were lagging every few seconds. Not sure if it is a problem with the stream of the source, but the combination of that, boring action, questionable voice acting, and nothing else of real appeal, made this show an easy drop.

Fate / Grand Order -First Order-: (It aired on New Year's Eve, right before Midnight striked, so I'm just going to put this here) A solid introduction to the series. While it definitely wasn't anything amazing, a passable plot with passable action scenes and plenty of cameos for players made it a fun watch. (Why Gudako appeared sane is a question for a different time though?)

Koro-sensei Quest!: A fairly ugly gag take on Ansatsu Kyoushitsu with not very funny jokes. Dropped.
Adding Fate/Grand Order to the list in a moment since it's something popular enough that more than 0 people will watch.

EDIT: Added to the list now
blissfulyoshi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Adding Fate/Grand Order to the list in a moment since it's something popular enough that more than 0 people will watch.

EDIT: Added to the list now
Thanks. Wasn't sure since it was before the new year, but I think most people in this thread watched it after the new year.
Luqanted
why aren't you guys mentioning Kuzu no Honkai :v

lmao, the PV of Kuzu no Honkai is so misleading, the manga itself is so lmao
anyway, I'm also gonna expect some good thing about this series 'cause some of the scenes are :^)
Kumiko Oumae
qq
DakeDekaane
How are you colouring stuff if it hasn't aired yet??

Looking forward Little Witch Academia, Tales of Zestiria and Chaos;Child mainly. The rest doesn't look very interesting for me, I'll keep watching this thread to hunt a few more series.
blissfulyoshi
Choboraunyopomi Gekijou Dai San Maku Ai Mai Mii: Surgical Friends: Another short that I didn't find amusing. Nothing new for me, maybe it might click for you.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Fate/Grand Order -First Order-: Thought I would be turned off by the animation since it isn't ufotable doing something of the Fate series for once, but Lay-duce still did a great job with the characters, environment, and animation overall. A good adaptation for being based on a mobile game.
Shurelia

Luqanted wrote:

why aren't you guys mentioning Kuzu no Honkai :v

lmao, the PV of Kuzu no Honkai is so misleading, the manga itself is so lmao
anyway, I'm also gonna expect some good thing about this series 'cause some of the scenes are :^)
I'm quite disappointed from this anime.

It feels like Toradora but with better graphic and character. *ye I don't like toradora in general
DakeDekaane
Fate/Grand Order -First Order-: I'm not really convinced to say this was good, it was enjoyable tho. Everything looked great except for battles, although the animation was nice, I feel they lacked the impact to get excited about them. Finally Shinji had a good role! And we had the Hound of Culain stealing the protagonism, again (yay).
blissfulyoshi
Akiba's Trip The Animation: On one hand, there are some solid action scenes in this, but in return, we have slightly dull and undetailed character models. Admittedly not every action scene is great, but it is the few good ones that count and enthrall the user. Beyond that, we have questionable humor and plot, so I'm a bit on the fence but will probably continue watching. (The YuiKaori sadly failed to impress me, but I do slightly like the op since I enjoy Earphones fast singing)
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
AKIBA' S TRIP: THE ANIMATION: Overall good animation and interesting action scenes. The backgrounds tho were more impressive than the characters, they look more like something you'd see in someone's hentai comic. Most of the plot for the first episode felt like it was at a stand-still and never really got anywhere, but someone who's played the game could probably disagree with that.
blissfulyoshi
Masamune-kun no Revenge: Silver Link's return to a more drama focused series, but sadly the source material isn't that great. I don't remember how the manga went, but it did feel different for better or worse. Regardless, the show's humor didn't really catch on with me, and since I know the manga's plot, nothing about the plot really interest me. However, the show has some fairly detailed backgrounds with Silver Link's typical coloring scheme, and while I said nothing good about it, it didn't bore me to tears. I'll just keep on watching for now (and hope Ogura Yui gets a larger role in the anime version)
show more