forum

Spinner Peak Value...

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Anzo
Sometimes I want to know what my highest spins per minute, but I can't because it's always
fluctuating. (depends on my spin, of coarse)

So instead of showing only "Spins per minute" while spinning, there's another one called "Spins per min. peak" near it.

^just edited for visualization...
aevv_old
i like it, wouldnt make much diff on actual gameplay though but to have this show up during replay/spec would be cool
xsrsbsns
Not necessary but the extra info would be nice indeed
Gomo Psivarh
I do not care about the peak value, I desire an average spin speed meter. ;)
Zetta
I'd like it more if the spins per second could be increased above 477.
Shiirn

Zetta wrote:

no.
Kitsunemimi
I sort of like this idea... but I think having it like the way you put it in the screenshot looks ugly. We're better off with one number, because that's the important one. What I started imagining was... if we can get a hotkey to toggle a sort of... interface.. on... Or something..

This is a whole other idea, but basically, when one hits a certain key ("F3" possibly), all this info will pop up just like how it is while testing a map from the editor. I know it's been requested before, but if we use a hotkey for it, I think it's a lot more reasonable. It would be like hitting F3 in Minecraft whenever you needed to know your coordinates and all c:. I'm not sure where we should have "peak SPM" show up in the list of info, but it might be a good idea.
Soaprman
Make it pause and play the Mario Party "new record" sound clip when you break your record and you've got yourself a deal.
Zetta

Shiirn wrote:

Zetta wrote:

no.
Why not? There are some people who can spin beyond 477.
Derekku

Soaprman wrote:

Make it pause and play the Mario Party "new record" sound clip when you break your record and you've got yourself a deal.
not to go off topic but pfffffff i laughed much harder than I should have

on topic: kinda useless, but I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing.
mekadon_old
Making this shown at the map result after playing seems a little more organized than having two boxes under the spinner while playing.

Bump.
Xact
I'd just like to know how many points were accumulated via spins on the score board. I mean, you get to see how many 300, 100 and 50's you get, why not how many points from spins? I think that would be more beneficial, especially on some maps with alot of spinners.
xsrsbsns

mekadon wrote:

Making this shown at the map result after playing seems a little more organized than having two boxes under the spinner while playing.
I would prefer seeing them immediately, and for each spinner since there might be more than one in a diff.

My take: at the end of each spinner, just change the current box to show the spin peak value instead (and maybe average too) for that spinner, and make it stay for like one second.
maay

Gomo Psivarh wrote:

I do not care about the peak value, I desire an average spin speed meter. ;)
gat1toneku
hmm what about having an option about toggling it on/off? i think it would be better that way
[Sora]_old
I don't see what difference it would make but I guess it would be cool? sorta.. don't know about this idea
Topic Starter
Anzo
I also thought of using "/" (like SPM 302/403, where the first value is your current SPM while the second is the peak) but it may also
mean that there may be a new skin file for the /... like default-slash.png... so the first visualization is like that...
selymsivad

gatitoneku wrote:

hmm what about having an option about toggling it on/off? i think it would be better that way
I agree. I really want to see my peak spins per minute number. Right now, to see my highest spin per minute, I just watch my replay, then while im spinning on my replay, I rape F12 taking screenshots, then go through all of them to see which is highest. Not very effective. It would save alot of players who have spinning competitions the trouble. And if there's an option to toggle it on or off, no complaints should be made. It only makes sense..
Ijah_old
Displaying most consistent speed is better, I can do near 477 in a single spin easily, but not consistently. so yeah.
Tshemmp
I'd like to see the average spinning speed and the maximum spinning speed of the passed beatmap on the result screen. Ingame such a number would distract me from spinning.