forum

4Kids - General Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
Well... Looks like 4Kids is breaking out of Chapter 11 or what...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -licensing

Last month, 4Kids got sued by TV Tokyo and Nihon Ad System and lost the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh. Then they end up on a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. I think we'll just have to be stucked with 4Kids, oh well...

Thank you.

EDIT 10/14/2011: Due to ending of 4kids' lawsuit on YGO, I decided to change the title!!!

Former title: 4Kids' trying to get Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal.
Vext_old
Dear god 4kids.
YGOkid8
i actually don't really mind 4kids. ironically enough, when i was a kid, i did really enjoy 4kids dubs (of course i don't now), and if it wasn't for 4kids dubbing pokemon, yugioh, one piece, etc. i probably wouldn't have ever got into anime in the first place. their language is plain, simple, and overly exaggerated, but as a kid, that kind of language is normal and easily understandable.

on another hand, has anyone watched Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL? is it good? i still need to finish downloading (and watching) 5D's -.-
Haseo_old
4kids: Ever heard of subtitles?
Vext_old
Little kids choosing to read subtitled animu rather than dubs? That'll be the day.
Quaraezha
Yu-Gi-Oh's a tl;dr card game anyway.
Vext_old

Quaraezha wrote:

Yu-Gi-Oh's a tl;dr card game ON MOTORCYCLES anyway.
fix'd
Reisen-Inaba
i stopped watching Yu-Gi-Oh since they put motorcycles in... 5Ds or how the season is named.... why? Why a card game on motorcycles? :<
I still dont get what the producers thought when they produced it.
Maxer00

YGOkid8 wrote:

has anyone watched Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL? is it good? i still need to finish downloading (and watching) 5D's -.-
I have watched a few episodes of Zexal(subbed)... It's a total copy of the first Yu-gi-oh + Yugioh GX . In other words,wierd, but interesting. Main character has at least two catchphrases: "I'm Pop-flying", "I'm gonna bring it to them!". Not sure what the first one means but whatever...
Anyways, you just gotta see for yourself, cuz Haters gonna hate... xD
Pokebis

Haseo wrote:

4kids: Ever heard of subtitles?
lol u high nigga'?
YGOkid8

Maxer_00 wrote:

Haters gonna hate... xD
and lovers are gonna love, right? :)
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

YGOkid8 wrote:

Maxer_00 wrote:

Haters gonna hate... xD
and lovers are gonna love, right? :)
That's true. But the former CEO of 4Kids has his birthday revealed on Wiki.
YGOkid8

kokoroanime wrote:

That's true. But the former CEO of 4Kids has his birthday revealed on Wiki.
...lol what does this have to do with anything?
ampzz
I disliked the original Yu-Gi-Oh! so it matters little to me but in the end it'll be more exposure for this title since it appeals to English speakers if they can hear it (and prefer it) in their native tongue.

Then there's people like myself who prefer the original Japanese vocals accompanied by subtitles (slowly reteaching myself Japanese as I'm getting along) which has become the norm after watching subbed anime the first time around.
Kokizi
just barging in and posting this.

Vext_old
When you think about it actually, it's kinda a moot point since the major audience is very young. Voice acting for them is not quite as... obvious for lack of a better term.
YGOkid8

Vext wrote:

Voice acting for them is not quite as... obvious for lack of a better term.

YGOkid8 wrote:

their language is plain, simple, and overly exaggerated, but as a kid, that kind of language is normal and easily understandable.
:)
Haseo_old
I like GX more than any of the YGO anime series.
Vext_old

YGOkid8 wrote:

Vext wrote:

Voice acting for them is not quite as... obvious for lack of a better term.

YGOkid8 wrote:

their language is plain, simple, and overly exaggerated, but as a kid, that kind of language is normal and easily understandable.
:)
Should we make out now?
YGOkid8
no.
show more