forum

[Archived] The Sound Effects in Taiko Mode Are Extremely Laggy.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Poco_a_pocoVT
Problem Details:
This is an issue that has been bugging me for some time now. I play taiko exclusively and for whatever reason when I turn on effects, the hit sounds for the drum and rim are beyond laggy. See, I normally play the game perfectly fine with the effects off and do pretty darn well but the offset needs to be set at -171 in order to do so. Yes, indeed, -171 offset just to play the game at my best. I play Osu! Taiko on my MacBook Pro and for only Osu! does such a drastic offset need to happen, and playing with the sound effects on horribly disrupts my tempo and consistency. I'm a highly trained percussionist and because of the that, just using the beatmap's tempo and can easily get by as well as confirm that this isn't simply human error because when it comes to tempo and consistency I'm extremely confident that I have that down packed. However, I just want to be able to play with the taiko hit sounds as well. If that's impossible then that's fine I can live without it but if there is a possible solution then I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me out.

Also for further evidence that it is not human error I previously took an Auditory Reaction test and scored a (68.58 - 77.83) consistently.
Adorn
This is really strange and I'd really like to see some answers to this. Unfortunately I'm not an expert with Mac and can't seem to put my finger on what could be the problem.
I'll dig around for you, but I would like this thread to be noticed a little further.