forum

How to deal with forearm strain?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rurree
So yeah I've been experiencing this a lot and it's bugging me a lot. I can't pass long ass maps due to it and it kinda sucks. How do I deal with it? Change binds? Wait for my mechanical keyboard? (Barely experienced this when I had my Cherry MX Reds) Start learning how to lightly tap? Suggestions please. :)

Oh, and I play a lot of ultimate frisbee, almost everyday so I think I already have enough exercise, in case somebody wanted to suggest that.
o x
Like you, I get forearm strain a lot too. Hands never get tired but rip forearms :c
I don't use a mechanical keyboard so I'm not sure if that will change anything for you, when I experience this when playing long maps I usually try and extend my arms and stretch them. Or if you are playing too tense try relaxing your arm more and make looser movements, I usually only tense my arm at kiai or whenever there is harder sections than usual.

Mostly that is all I can suggest besides stretching and relaxing your muscles.
Zak
I didn't deal with this when I was a newer player but the only reason is because I came from more intensive games such as Stepmania so I had already built up a lot of stamina. I've lost a large amount of that stamina so when I'm playing either really high-end maps or even normal diffs with 3 mod which requires really fast and short tapping I also experience it now, I'd say you need to just build up your stamina either by playing through it or maybe playing something like mania/taiko on the side if you enjoy either mode.
Colin
How do you get a strain when it's a fruit catching game lol :^)
Beerus
You could try making sure ur arms are resting on ur desk rather then keeping them raised as it adds more tension to your arms when playing :O
Qiyana
cut off your arm.
Zak

Dyl-Byl wrote:

cut off your arm.
Wow you are so helpful this is some great advice right here.
RAMPAGE88
Play with your feet is better I think.
Anyway I just endure the pain in long maps which is a bad thing tbh.
Luqanted

Dyl-Byl wrote:

cut off your arm.
i second this
Edgar_Figaro

Zak wrote:

I'd say you need to just build up your stamina either by playing through it or maybe playing something like mania/taiko on the side if you enjoy either mode.
Interestingly enough I find stamina more an issue for me in CTB than I do in either Taiko or Mania. Yet I play much harder stuff when playing Taiko and Mania then I do while playing CTB.
autofanboy

Dyl-Byl wrote:

cut off your arm.
i'll try
He Ang CTB
1. Keep your arm on a flat surface at all times.
2. Do not engage any muscle other than those in your hands.
3. Do not slam the keyboard.
4. Ensure your wrist is not tilted at an awkward angle.
5. Warm up on slower paced maps before jumping to faster once.
6. Do not play 3000000000BPM map as the first thing you do after you woke up in the morning.
7. Control nerves and do not jolt.
8. Generally if you feel pain just STOP :O

I messed up my finger nails for jamming it into the keyboard :X Cannot play frequently for almost a week already :CC