forum

[Archived] Trouble Launching Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
T2Long
Hello, I can't seem to launch Osu at all after installing Osu.

After installing Osu, I would click to open the osu installer but nothing would pop. Not anything. :cry:

Please help.

p.s I'm using a Windows Vista atm and already installed the NET framework as well but it doesn't seem to be helping. :cry: :cry:
Bara-
Try holding shift when opening osu, and click on "Repair osu"
o x

Bara- wrote:

If this does not work try running osu! as an administrator. (Right click osu! and click 'Run as Administrator')
Topic Starter
T2Long

Cawub wrote:

Bara- wrote:

If this does not work try running osu! as an administrator. (Right click osu! and click 'Run as Administrator')
Neither has worked. Nothing is appearing even after holding shift and trying to open it as an administrator. :(
Red Moon
Try going into task manager by pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc, press on "More details" then find osu.exe and click "End process". Then try holding shift while opening osu! and click "repair osu!"
Topic Starter
T2Long

EndoftheEnd wrote:

Try going into task manager by pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc, press on "More details" then find osu.exe and click "End process". Then try holding shift while opening osu! and click "repair osu!"
I can't find that "more details" option. Also to note I don't think Osu is running for me atm.
o x

T2Long wrote:

I can't find that "more details" option. Also to note I don't think Osu is running for me atm.
You can find it here
Once there scroll down and if you can find osu!.exe click it and then click End Task at the bottom right.

Edit: If you still can't see Details try right clicking any process you have open in task manager and click Go to Details.
Topic Starter
T2Long
I'm able to get in now. :D THANKS A LOT GUYS!
Red Moon
No problem, it happens sometimes just like with steam :P
Kao
If this helps I'll say it
Osu! Doesn't always run instantly, especially just after opening your PC.
Whenever I immediately open osu,
I see that the private memory (RAM) osu takes is 60mb
And it doesn't start.
Only after a few several moments it jumps to 100-200mb
And then that's the time osu starts. This might be because osu! Is initializing or trying to allocate more memory but couldn't do so because of a low end PC.

Or then again, it might be different for you. But most things like this just needs a force close and restart.
Topic Starter
T2Long
Thank you for all the help~ :D