forum

[Archived] Game Pausing Randomly (Already Check Background Programs)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aMelon
Problem Details:
I've had this problem for months now, and one day it just "started happening". I have no clue what caused it or anything, yet here I am. I'd say the problem started around May or so, every time I played solo, I would get sometime 2 seconds sometimes 30 seconds sometiems 2 minutes into a song before it would pause by itself. Yes, I know, I've read everywhere that osu will take background programs and prioritize them, though, even while closing every single program in my tray and only keeping necessary background programs open, I am still having this problem.

I was very frustrated when I showed my concern and sent an email to Osu Staff and all they told me to do was check forums and post my own, but I already know that no user can probably help me. So, hopefully a moderator or SOMEONE will be able to contact and help aid me in fixing my problem.

This is so very frustrating because I can only play multiplayer and it completely took the fun out of Osu for me, a game which I used to play daily :c

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
As you can see in the video, I play normally and within this couple minutes, the game pauses by itself 3 different times, you can see how this would be frustrating if I were to be FCing a song and suddenly I get a pause.
https://youtu.be/oPYBmNU7IGg
osu! version: 20160403.6
shiyuri
Hello aMelon, can you tell us which OS you're using?
Are you accidently pressing a key on a mouse/tablet or a macro that could make osu pause?
Can you show us your process-list (Programms that are running)?
Topic Starter
aMelon
I am using Windows 7 Premium, and no, lol I am for sure that I am not hitting a key, I am positive that I would know. I've let it run on RX and it's still paused without me touching anything.

http://puu.sh/rQP6B/907e97a212.png here is my process list with only Osu open in my tray, still pausing

Also, I have tried running osu in fallback mode and I am using latest version, still having the problem
o x
Possible that there is something wrong with your keyboard.
Topic Starter
aMelon
Why would it have suddenly stopped working though? I've never had any issues in any other game or program with my keyboard acting up.
shiyuri
I see that you're using Display Fusion. Are you sure that closing that programm does not help? I know from older posts that it caused issues for some users. I'd also close Rainmeter just to see if it affects osu! too and pause/disable McAfee Antivirus.

You can check if your keyboard is alright if install for example a Keylogger. If osu! randomly pauses again you can check if the ESC-Key actually got pressed or not.
YoWuzUp
I'm surprised that this forum remains like this, with how it just stops. It's been inactive for at least a year. In any case, now I'm having a similar issue, that I need help with.
I'm using Windows 10.
I could just be minding my own business, playing my map, and the game randomly pauses on me. Some of the time, it'll actually freak out, with the "pause button" triggering several times, and even my z and x keys will get repeatedly pressed. I'm sure this has nothing to do with background processes, it could be either osu flipping out, or my keyboard flipping out. Not sure which. Hoping someone could provide some insight though.
korinkareraisu
gosh,, same case over here :(((
i’ve tried uninstalling everything of osu! yet the same thing happens..
BadS645
i got the same prob. plz correct this freaking issue. cant play like anymore. help plz
Aliuqet
Gosh, Osu won't stop pausing. It's really disturbing. Please find a way to fix it ASAP.
Death

KumikoMidoriya wrote:

Gosh, Osu won't stop pausing. It's really disturbing. Please find a way to fix it ASAP.
Please make a new thread for your issue instead of bumping one that is super old.