forum

Replay to continue playing (when we paused) [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
Topic Starter
Kecco
A lot of times, during the gameplay of a beatmap, we are forced to pause for whatever reason, but when we resume playing by clicking the cursor, a lot of times we fail because we can't pick up the same rhythm as before.

So, I want to propose a little system that might help with our gameplay without feeling uncomfortable when we resume the gameplay, I mean a little replay of 5 seconds or more, which finishes where we paused so that we can come back to play feeling the rhythm :D

In addition, if people don't like to "play the replay", they can choose the traditional form, which is the button where you click -> (http://puu.sh/1Erv)

So my suggestion, if it recieves a good voting of course, can be implemented as a optional, by adding in the pause screen a new button : "Resume with replay".
Verdisphena
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!11111111111111111
Void
BRILLIANT.
maay
this feature would totally kill kanbu/kanburisa/shoushitsu/etc., as well as players who got good stamina to keep up long deathstreams (i.e the maps I just listed).

furthermore this would help a lot FL players, unless the way FL works when paused is changed as well
OzzyOzrock
Yeah, it's like it is to prevent cheating. Which is understandable.
Kitsunemimi
I had this idea a long time ago, but yeah, it would be a bit awkward, and people will try to abuse it.
peppy
I don't see the need; if you have problems pausing just start from the beginning of the song again?
Galkan

peppy wrote:

I don't see the need; if you have problems pausing just start from the beginning of the song again?
What about this, then? I'd find this feature pretty useful if

Tip: The distance between orange circle and hitcircle here was like half of second. Literally.
peppy
Either restart, or remember where the note was before you paused it. I don't see how a replay of what was leading up to your cursor being there is going to help you see a note on the other side of the screen.
Galkan
Because it wouldn't put the orange cursor in the other side of the screen at all?
I'd just start off immediately of the moment where my cursor was while game has been paused.
TKiller
gameplay-breaking

just no
Yuzeyun
I don't hnow if I support it. Yeah I agree with SuperMaay about deathstreamings but in Taiko (CTB maybe) if you have a very long song and you are called by your parents to eat (just an example heh) and you're almost done, and YOU PAUSE ONE SECOND BEFORE THIS FZEHAGIUAHI OF DEATHSTREAM (and take 23 minutes to eat) you're obliged to restart from scratch.

So no support atm. I will think about it.
-----
Edit: nevermind
Lybydose

Galkan92 wrote:

Because it wouldn't put the orange cursor in the other side of the screen at all?
I'd just start off immediately of the moment where my cursor was while game has been paused.
The position of the orange circle while the game is paused is based on where your cursor was when you paused the game. If you could move the cursor somewhere else while the game is paused, it would complete trivializes jumps because you could then just pause and move to the other side. If the song "rewinds" to a couple second before you paused, it would trivialize long streams because you could then just pause and rest halfway through.

If you're missing because you paused, either:

A. Pause during breaks.
B. Pause during a slider.
C. Don't pause.

Changing the current behavior would just allow people to abuse pausing to make maps easier.
Derekku
Yeah, this could be helpful, but it would be too easily abused.
Ikillforpies
I think in ctb this would help a lot
since when you go back you have no time to react and you will miss a friut
Galkan
You do realize I was talking about watching last 5 seconds, not playing them again?
Ekaru
Hey guys, remember when there was no orange cursor and your cursor could be wherever you wanted it to be when you unpaused?

Yeah, that was fun! All kinds of abuse and shenanigans. Finding a jump difficult? No longer; just pause and unpause! Have trouble recovering from a spinner? No longer; just pause and unpause! Ah, that was so balanced and fun!

...But seriously, your replay would end where the orange cursor was; the orange cursor is where your cursor was when you paused. This is to avoid the abuse that used to occur. As said, just pause during a slider or another easy-to-recover-from spot to avoid this problem.
GladiOol
osu! is meant to be played in a single run, so no.
Topic Starter
Kecco
Ok, you are right.

I understood what you mean. I just didn't think also to that fact, I mean some abuse.

Ekaru wrote:

Hey guys, remember when there was no orange cursor and your cursor could be wherever you wanted it to be when you unpaused?

Yeah, that was fun! All kinds of abuse and shenanigans. Finding a jump difficult? No longer; just pause and unpause! Have trouble recovering from a spinner? No longer; just pause and unpause! Ah, that was so balanced and fun!

...But seriously, your replay would end where the orange cursor was; the orange cursor is where your cursor was when you paused. This is to avoid the abuse that used to occur. As said, just pause during a slider or another easy-to-recover-from spot to avoid this problem.
You are right.

I also tried to think to some fixes but I didn't reach what I expected. There are no solutions, or better, there are solutions but they are too complex.
Kingkevin30
sorry for the bump of an old denied request, but has something changed in the years, so it may be possible now?
or is there maybe a way to consider it possible atleast for CTB,Taiko and Mania if there are some changes?
TheVileOne
Solution: Don't pause the screen.