forum

Backfire's Taiko Mapping Analysis and Guides

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire
Hey guys, I recently wrote a guide on some mappers and their mapping techniques, and I'd like for you guys to read it if you're at all interested, and I hope this will help some of the newer mappers grasp some different concepts, as well as help them get a unique perspective on what is seen as truly great mapping!

Edit: I will be adding more guides/parts to this post as I write them, so it could get quite lengthy, but I encourage new mappers to read them as they come out. I'm doing my best to spread knowledge :)

Mei Download
S a n d
Well it certainly is flattering XD. Though I was certainly expecting a lot more people to be mentioned as exemplary mappers.
GL making the full version of this guide :3
Estaryo
You put much time in this o.o
but this looks more like a promotion of your favourite mappers than anything helpfull.
Every mapper has as least 1 Map i would say its complete failmapped. even if i really like tks maps and some maps of the other mappers too.

well mappingquality is drastically decrasing (just my opinion)
i'm not the most experienced player, but pls lets not make it worse :D
Stefan

Estaryo wrote:

You put much time in this o.o
but this looks more like a promotion of your favourite mappers than anything helpfull.
I have to agree here, this rather looks like an analysis only of beatmappers and beatmaps. Content-wise this is nothing a new mapper can use to start or get introduced with the mode. As well, too many other factors such as special examples, lack of spread-related examples or general "don't-forget-that" hints you really shouldn't ignore starting a new map or while mapping are missing as you could consider this as guide.

Obviously, you're free to do whatever you want but calling this as 'guide' is very misleading from an objective view.
Topic Starter
Backfire
This isn't the only guide being written. Also I chose random maps from a few specific mappers (not my favorites, the first three are innovative and cornerstones of mapping. I was not being biased)

It is quite annoying that I wrote this and the only thing people are discussing is that I only discussed like 5 mappers. It's not the point, and this is a NON COMPREHENSIVE guide/analysis. It is written with an informal tone to explain things, it is not an objective guide, but one to show how the best mappers are different than someone new/inexperienced. It is helpful in the sense that one would read a book on a topic to become more informed.

You missed the point in that, this is not a beginner guide, and nowhere does it say it does. I'm actually really pissed off that you decide to post something like this while simultaneously ignoring everything in the opening post. What do you want me to do? Rewrite everything? Yeah man lemme go make another guide covering all the things people have already covered. If you read it, you would have known this.