forum

[Archived] I get stuck in the processing screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RahkaSaatana
First of all, i tried to find an answer to this from older threads, but they didnt really help me, and they were way older (+4years) so i didnt really want to bump them. Lets go to the topic..

So everytime i download a new map, it just gets stuck in the processing screen, and the beatmap wont process, only way u can get out of it, is by deleting the beatmap (as .osz file) that u just downloaded from the Songs folder, couple days ago the processing worked just fine.

So i tried to open osu as administrator, reboot my computer, reset my permissions (from the osu options) and stuff like that.

That didnt help, so i copied all of my beatmaps and skins etc. and just reinstalled osu again, i didnt even put my beatmaps back in the Songs folder, but it got stuck to the processing screen when it tried to process those starting maps (tutorial and those other couple ones)

I dont know anymore what would i do?

And btw, i can still use chat and the loading circle is spinning, so the game isnt froze, it is just stuck to the processing screen, see the picture below

osu! version: 20160723 (latest)
Lacrimosa
There is probably a corrupted beatmap in your songs' folder that triggers this. Do you remember exactly when this started happening? What beatmap you had downloaded that day?
Topic Starter
RahkaSaatana

Nikosbks wrote:

There is probably a corrupted beatmap in your songs' folder that triggers this. Do you remember exactly when this started happening? What beatmap you had downloaded that day?
I dont remember anymore, but shouldnt that be already fixed because i reinstalled the full game, and i didnt put my old beatmaps back in the Songs folder, now it doesnt process even the starter maps (what u get when u install the game first time)
Lacrimosa

RahkaSaatana wrote:

but shouldnt that be already fixed because i reinstalled the full game, and i didnt put my old beatmaps back in the Songs folder,
Oh, my bad. Didn't notice that on your original post.

Try moving osu!.db out of your osu! folder, while osu! is closed. Relaunch the game and see if that helps.

Also, did you try switching to different builds? Cutting Edge or Stable Fallback for example? Does this issue persist there?
Topic Starter
RahkaSaatana
Neither of those didnt work :/
Topic Starter
RahkaSaatana
Most annoying part about this is that i cannot play at all, since i dont have any beatmaps now :D
Topic Starter
RahkaSaatana
bump
Lacrimosa

RahkaSaatana wrote:

Neither of those didnt work :/
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I have no clue as to why this is happening and how to solve it. It's the first time I have seen this kind of bug.
Topic Starter
RahkaSaatana
Hmm..

Well im about to reinstall the full windows 7 FOR OTHER REASONS maybe today or tomorrow, so i hope that it fixes that..

Ill update then if it still occurs :(