forum

[Archived] Can't open links

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mertek
Problem Details:
I'm sorry but I couldn't find a thread that can help me, I have already re installed Chrome twice and osu once.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160504.1 (latest)
Bara-
Have you set a default browser?
Topic Starter
Mertek
Yes, my default browser is Google Chrome.
VeilStar
Try setting a different browser as the default one and see if links open up in that browser then?And if that works, see if setting Chrome as the default browser again works. In-game links not opening when having Chrome set as the default browser seems to be a thing for some people, no idea why it happens though.
Topic Starter
Mertek

VeilStar wrote:

Try setting a different browser as the default one and see if links open up in that browser then?And if that works, see if setting Chrome as the default browser again works. In-game links not opening when having Chrome set as the default browser seems to be a thing for some people, no idea why it happens though.
Thank you, that helped, but when I set Chrome back as a default browser it doesn't work, I guess I'll use IE for now.
VeilStar
Can I ask what operating system and version of chrome you are using?
Topic Starter
Mertek

VeilStar wrote:

Can I ask what operating system and version of chrome you are using?
Windows 7, Chrome version 50.0.2661.102 m
VeilStar
No issues here, running windows 7 & the same version of chrome.

When you have chrome set as the default browser, can you browse to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations and double check that the HTTP and HTTPS protocols are set to open in chrome by default like this?

Also, does opening links you click in-game not work even if chrome is already open?
Are you running either chrome or osu! as admin? (If so, don't.)
Also, do you have any extensions running on chrome? If so, does the issue persist if you disable them?
Kyozoru
Turn off compatibility mode in osu and in properties