forum

[resolved] Lagging on newly installed windows 7

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
edisorul2013
Problem Details: So, 1 week ago I had windows 10 installed and I decided to install Windows 7 since windows 10 isn't really optimised and I couldn't install any new Nvidia drivers. I installed windows 7 ultimate x64 like 3-4 days ago, put all my drivers, installed directx, all visual c++ things, framework 4.5 and jumped into osu!, but I have like massive lag every 30 seconds for 5 seconds (mouse lag, screen lag, the inputs are really laggy, bascially impossible to play ).

I have 4 gigs RAM, Nvidia 710m and i5-3337U 1.8ghz ( it's a laptop ), and the game was working perfectly on windows 10.

osu! version: 20151228.2

PS:I'm open to any sugestions like reinstalling drivers with given links if possible.
Trosk-
If your PC is using NVidia Optimus, try to run osu! using the integrated GPU and not the NVidia one. PCs with NVidia Optimus have problems in the new builds. You could try to see if you can run it properly in Stable (Fallback) for now, if you can't use the in tegrated GPU.

edisorul2013 wrote:

So, 1 week ago I had windows 10 installed and I decided to install Windows 7 since windows 10 isn't really optimised and I couldn't install any new Nvidia drivers.
This is a bit offtopic, but this shouldn't happen. You should be able to install the NVidia drivers without problems. Probably something was screwed in your Win10 installation. Also, Windows 7 is losing official support soon, and Windows 10 has a better overall performance.
Topic Starter
edisorul2013
Thank you very much! Running the game with the integrated gpu worked and I played a song without any lag xd. My guess is that something went wrong when I installed latest nvidia driver or something, I don't really know.