forum

[Archived] Suttering/Lag when playing.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Nyxie_
Problem Details: For about 3 months I have been getting stutters, microfreezes, lag or whatever you would want to call it. Earlier It was maybe a few specific days osu wouldn't play without lagging, other times it would go away as I play and now it is almost constant. It happens on Experimental, Stable and fallback.

Things I have tried:
Rollback GPU drivers and update.
Wipe GPU drivers and reinstall.
Restart Osu.
Reinstall Osu.
Reinstall OS.
Moving Osu to an SSD.

System information:

GPU: GTX 970
CPU: AMD Fx-8350
RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz
Monitor Asus VG248QE 144Hz

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/qnlgq2qw ... su_Lag.mp4 (uploaded in 1080p sorry its poor quality anyway)

osu! version: 20151228.2
Dia_Haze
Maybe try opening task manager while playing osu and during your spikes see if anything besides osu jumps in cpu usage?
Topic Starter
_Nyxie_
Nothing in the task manager that suggest the system itself is causing it to do that.
non one c
This looks like me when downloading something in the background.
Sure that no other programm is doing anything?
Topic Starter
_Nyxie_
100% sure that nothing downloads in the background.
Angwar
are you running the game at unlimited fps?
bizarf
Have you tried turning Compatibility mode on, in the render setting under graphics? I was having lag problems too, but this just solved it for me. :D
VeilStar
p/4868065

VeilStar wrote:

If you're on the Fallback release stream, update to any other release stream and see if enabling the "reduce dropped frames" setting helps.

Additionally, try doing what's said in this post.https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4701541/

peppy wrote:

Could nvidia users with issues please try disabling "Threaded Optimizations" from your nvidia control panel?

If you're still having issues after that update to the cuttingedge release stream, reproduce your issue, and provide the performance.log file found in the Logs folder inside the osu! installation folder.
Topic Starter
_Nyxie_
After testing for about a week now it appears to be that just running the cutting edge version stops the lag and high ms when playing. I haven't turned back to the stable version in awhile so if or when supporter runs out I suppose I will update it.