forum

[resolved] Bancho connectivity help & troubleshooting

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mm201
This issue pops up often with all the different network configurations about. To help keep the forum clean, all issues connecting to osu!'s ingame chat and multiplay system (Bancho) should be directed here.

Common solutions to this problem:
  1. On Vista+, try turning down UAC to a lower setting, running in XP SP2 compatability mode, or allowing osu! to run as administrator.
  2. Have you tried logging out and back in?
  3. Make sure Bancho isn't actually down: http://stat.ppy.sh/
  4. If you use firewall by any chance, please disable it and test again.
  5. Make sure your osu! is up-to-date (you can do so by going to Options > Maintenance > Run Updater)
More solutions to come.
Randy96
<integrated into OP>
Feno_old
I had an issue where I got disconnected and couldn't get back online no matter how much I restarted, all I had to do was to go into the multiplayer options and click the login button there.
Probably won't be a common solution but it might work for some people.
Kogami_old
None of this helps. Plus How do u open ports like OP said.
Randy96
Should be a setting on your firewall
TBTE
I got a major one where I have tried everything but Bancho keeps logging me off and then logging me back on.
It Pisses me off
anonymous_old
For some reason I cant even login to my osu! I not sure if the sever is slow or what but it getting really annoying.
Crakila
@shimasu - Please make sure that you have typed your password correctly noting case sensitivity.

Also, please don't color your text because it's VERY hard to read it.
Dealiah
Im stuck and cant login. I tried restarting my computer closeing Osu! loggin off the other person then trying to log on. I dont know why this is happeing. it just stays at the loging in screan with no progress, and its not like the game is frozen, because i can move the poiner around and hit cancel. Please Help!
Dark_Cherry_old
Since I have updated Osu! I can't play multiplayer.... don't know why, but have tried all the solutios above and it still the same. Pleas help :(
anotherecs
after updating to the latest version I can't even log in (cannot establish connection to bancho).

Before updating everything runs fine...
xsrsbsns
Hmm I couldn't log in since 5mins ago idk why >_>
Leeg
Bancho is down.
Dark_Cherry_old
And... what is Bancho ?
James2250

Dark_Cherry wrote:

And... what is Bancho ?
Bancho is the server that osu! runs on. Without it you can't play multiplayer or submit scores etc
Topic Starter
mm201

MetalMario201 wrote:

osu!'s ingame chat and multiplay system (Bancho)
xsrsbsns
I get "connection lost, reconnecting to bancho" once every hour or two.
No firewall, antivirus, UAC or any sort of protection.. and no running torrents.

Not a problem with submitting scores I think. But well I have a slow (512kbps) line.. and need like 30s-3min or even longer to reload the userlist and channels ("Please wait while osu! connects.." & "Attempting to join channel.."), missing interesting chats from the channel.. >_> However the bottom right "authenification successful" comes immediately after "connection lost" without delay.

Now I also have an IRC connection with a client (and this one never dcs), so the chat thing not a problem for me.. just a tiny annoyance..
Maybe it's my connection, but since it only happens inside osu!, just still wanted to know if there's a reason or a way around it.
Uname_old
Strange. I couldn't connect to Bancho, so I logged out from osu!, but when I wanted to log in again,
nothing happens. osu! always connects to the server and nothing.
Why? Please help.
setheroth_old
help ive down every thing i can but every time i try and download a beatmap it takes me to a page that just says no download managers whats going on
my isp is hughes net
thanks in advance
James2250

setheroth wrote:

help ive down every thing i can but every time i try and download a beatmap it takes me to a page that just says no download managers whats going on
my isp is hughes net
thanks in advance
You can't use a download manager to download separate beatmaps, you can only use them for packs. That's the only problem
(btw wrong thread?)
show more