forum

[Archived] Osu! Crash when importing beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oStable
Whenever I drag a beatmap into Osu! or click on the beatmap to open it, the game crashes. About a third of the time, the crash forces me to open the task manager and end the task just so i can continue to use other programs. I have never had these problems until about a week or two ago, and I've even gone through and uninstalled/ re-installed the game. Any help is appreciated very much!

osu! version: 20150826.3
RvNovae
Does it also happen on other release streams?
Can you provide an error message?
Topic Starter
oStable

Olivarus wrote:

Does it also happen on other release streams?
Can you provide an error message?
There's no error message, the game literally just crashes. And from what i've been experiencing, it happens no matter what release i'm on. The only way i can get new maps into the game as of late is to drag the files directly into the songs folder and refresh in game.
VeilStar
You're not running osu! in compatibility mode by any chance, are you?
Right click osu!.exe -> propreties -> compatibility -> make sure it's not running in compatibility mode.

Also, does the event viewer show anything relevant?
Control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer -> windows logs -> application.

This is probably not going to do anything, but just in case; Do you get the same issue if you move your entire osu! folder to your desktop, download a beatmap and move it to your desktop aswell, and then run osu! from there and import a beatmap from your desktop?
Topic Starter
oStable

VeilStar wrote:

You're not running osu! in compatibility mode by any chance, are you?
Right click osu!.exe -> propreties -> compatibility -> make sure it's not running in compatibility mode.

Also, does the event viewer show anything relevant?
Control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer -> windows logs -> application.

This is probably not going to do anything, but just in case; Do you get the same issue if you move your entire osu! folder to your desktop, download a beatmap and move it to your desktop aswell, and then run osu! from there and import a beatmap from your desktop?
I have tried switching the compatibility from windows 8 to windows 7 (since windows 10 isn't an option yet) and that didn't work, as you thought.

The only thing that has worked is me dragging the song directly into the song folder, and then refreshing the song list in game. Now that I've found that solution though, I'm not too worried about it. I appreciate the support! it's nice to see a community where people are willing to help, instead of just full of the people that agree or have the same issue :P
VeilStar

VeilStar wrote:

make sure it's not running in compatibility mode.
Don't run in compatibility mode.

Also, the event viewer should still show something about it under windows logs -> application