forum

[Archived] Are we allowed to remap our keyboard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
johnneijzen1
I have question

Q1: i was think to remap numpad 4, numpad 6 and numpad 8 to adw so i can play CTB with both hand but i wonder if that is allowed :?: .
since i was getting tired of keep switch keys every time one of my hand get tired.

Q2: if my first question is allowed can also play keys at same time or only separated :?: .
Trosk-
What you are asking is most likely not allowed, since you need to use external software to reach that. You will need to change the Key bindings on the options.

Blaizer
You don't even need external software since you can do it at the hardware level. Plug in two keyboards. Good to go.

It's just a weird grey-area. I remember there was huge debates about this kind of thing in the speedrunning community with turbo macros vs free-scrolling scroll wheels. In the end macros were disallowed, just by principle, even though you could achieve the same thing at a hardware level.
Topic Starter
johnneijzen1

Trosk- wrote:

What you are asking is most likely not allowed, since you need to use external software to reach that. You will need to change the Key bindings on the options.

I don't need use external software you can do in windows but i still think is not allowed of looks.

Thanks for answer anyway. Well looks i have stick with my left hand for now :(.

also i check old topic like this for Osu!STD and Osu!mania and your answer look to be only answer so far.

t/204044&start=0
t/67640 (He was allowed but 4 years ago so invalid now days)
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... ctive_key/
p/2008332
Topic Starter
johnneijzen1

Blaizer wrote:

You don't even need external software since you can do it at the hardware level. Plug in two keyboards. Good to go.

It's just a weird grey-area. I remember there was huge debates about this kind of thing in the speedrunning community with turbo macros vs free-scrolling scroll wheels. In the end macros were disallowed, just by principle, even though you could achieve the same thing at a hardware level.
Is this about portal 2 speedrunners i remember forums post about it https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/pos ... t__51.html.

also i have extra keyboard somewhere but is that allowed?