forum

[Archived] OpenGL update issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Makeruno
t/352985

[ Niku ] wrote:

Problem Details:With the new osu patch is says that i have to switch to opengl from directx cause of some things. but the problem what i have with opengl is that, when i start osu with open gl i only get the top left corner shown of osu. the rest of the screen is black. i dont know how too fix it. i tryed what they say on the GL Support Issues site it opens when you click on the notificaton in osu but it didnt helped. so ask here now and hope somebody can help me.
More Information: i have updated my drivers and also looked up if i have the 32 bit rate.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150731.2 (latest)

I also have the same problem, but instead I can only see a bottom quarter of the screen on my top left
I have AMD Radeon HD 7200M installed, very sure it is updated enough to support, and cutting edge didn't create the text file peppy is looking for in my osu folder. I'm quite sad to imagine I can't be able to play osu! after the update.
VeilStar

Makeruno wrote:

I also have the same problem, but instead I can only see a bottom quarter of the screen on my top left
I have AMD Radeon HD 7200M installed, very sure it is updated enough to support, and cutting edge didn't create the text file peppy is looking for in my osu folder. I'm quite sad to imagine I can't be able to play osu! after the update.
Are your GPU drivers up to date? http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Topic Starter
Makeruno

VeilStar wrote:

Makeruno wrote:

Are your GPU drivers up to date? http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Yes its updated, I tried updating everything but it seems that it didn't solve the problem.
VeilStar

Makeruno wrote:

Yes its updated, I tried updating everything but it seems that it didn't solve the problem.
In that case you should be able to just use directx without issues? Hold shift when opening osu! untill a config window pops up. Change it in there.
peppy
Makeruno: have you tried recently? the latest versions should put you in compatibility mode, which will support your card.
Topic Starter
Makeruno

peppy wrote:

Makeruno: have you tried recently? the latest versions should put you in compatibility mode, which will support your card.
Yes, I did, still couldn't.
Trosk-

Makeruno wrote:

Did you actually enable Compatibility mode? Hold shift while opening osu! and select Compatibility mode on the configuration window that will pop up.

Topic Starter
Makeruno

Trosk- wrote:

Makeruno wrote:

Did you actually enable Compatibility mode? Hold shift while opening osu! and select Compatibility mode on the configuration window that will pop up.

I somehow don't even have the option for the mode, my osu is the latest version so I'm baffled.
Trosk-

Makeruno wrote:

I somehow don't even have the option for the mode, my osu is the latest version so I'm baffled.
Then I don't think that you have the latest Cutting Edge version...

Anyways, go to your "osu!<username>.cfg", open it and change the line CompatibilityContext to:
CompatibilityContext = 1

It should be the last line of the archive, if you don't have it, it's because your Cutting Edge build is not updated.
Topic Starter
Makeruno

Trosk- wrote:

Makeruno wrote:

Then I don't think that you have the latest Cutting Edge version...

Anyways, go to your "osu!<username>.cfg", open it and change the line CompatibilityContext to:
CompatibilityContext = 1

It should be the last line of the archive, if you don't have it, it's because your Cutting Edge build is not updated.
And so... how do I update it? osu says I'm at latest build... I'm at a loss, everything is updated and all I can do is use DirectX
Trosk-

Makeruno wrote:

And so... how do I update it? osu says I'm at latest build... I'm at a loss, everything is updated and all I can do is use DirectX
And do you have Cutting Edge selected? Go to your osu!.cfg archive and check the first line. If you are on Cutting Edge, it should be like on the image. If not, I guess it should say Stable.

Topic Starter
Makeruno

Trosk- wrote:

Makeruno wrote:

And do you have Cutting Edge selected? Go to your osu!.cfg archive and check the first line. If you are on Cutting Edge, it should be like on the image. If not, I guess it should say Stable.

I can enable it but reverts to stable when I close osu. In the first place, when I enter osu the game still gives me "... please update your graphics card drivers" although I already did, is there something I'm missing? I did everything the section suggested.
Trosk-

Makeruno wrote:

I can enable it but reverts to stable when I close osu. In the first place, when I enter osu the game still gives me "... please update your graphics card drivers" although I already did, is there something I'm missing? I did everything the section suggested.
Something is messed up on your installation... Or at least seems like it for me.

Try copying osu!.exe and paste it into an empty folder. Then run it. This will make a new installation on that folder. Once you have opened it, try to change to Cutting Edge there and if you can't run Cutting Edge, at least the "Compatibility mode" should appear on the configuration window and on the osu!<username>.cfg. Activate it and see if it works.
peppy
The stable build doesn't allow people with broken GL contexts to switch to cutting edge. I will change this today or tomorrow with a new public build.
VeilStar
Split into a new thread. Now that I'm bumping this anyway, could you try updating to cutting edge once again?