forum

taiko-like hitsound "freestyle" in osu! during breaks [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TKiller
I bet there are no taiko players who never smashed keys during breaks between beats to "freestyle" their own rhythm. Or to get ready to next stream and adjust hitting speed by listening to hitting sounds. Or for whatever other reason.

What my idea is, during break, if player clicks his mouse/hits z/x or whatever his key assignments are, game will play hitmormal of current hitsection (custom/N/S, volume).

This doesn't go to play time of course, as hearing hitsounds when misclicking would be kinda wierd.

So, I think I don't need to explain more, from my side this idea looks fun. Anyone with me?
adam2046

TKiller wrote:

What my idea is, during break, if player clicks his mouse/hits z/x or whatever his key assignments are, game will play hitmormal of current hitsection (custom/N/S, volume).
Sounds horrible, I much prefer hearing the sound of my mouse when I click during breaks.
Jarby
Considering that nothing actually happens when you click normally, this would be very annoying and possibly confusing or distracting for me.
Xgor
Freestyle like that is cool in taiko but would feel odd and confusing in osu!

Sooo.. no please.
LuigiHann
Could be fun. Would probably have to be optional
Luneko
i think that would sound weird in osu mode o.O
Derekku
Would've denied this earlier, but was kinda light-headed and didn't understand what this request was.

This is just silly and should remain in Taiko (where it actually makes sense).

EDIT: Reminds me of viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19973
Topic Starter
TKiller
This is just silly
indeed

should remain in Taiko (where it actually makes sense)
I do understand that adding this kind of feature is very questionable, but!..

I swear you, a hellish lot of people would find this fun. (I ask around community before posting here)

whoops, didn't see [denied], nvm
Gabi
Taiko hitsounds has red and blue (don and kats? dunno what they are called), osu! standard hitsounds have normal hit, clap, whistle, finish. How would you fit all of these in?

you COULD use soft and normal sound sample, but no, just no.

EDIT: nvm denied