forum

[Archived] backgrounds get deleted ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KanoSet
Problem Details:
so i opened osu as usual and sent one of the songs i have to my friend.. when he started to play osu said that angry thing about deleted backgrounds
i'm pretty sure i didn't delete it and the song didn't get updated - i played it yesterday -
it happened with few songs but i rly didn't care much but this time with 2 songs in a row and i loved the backgrounds of them

osu! version: 20150812.11 (latest)
Trosk-
Delete the maps and download them again. Probably the maps got updated and the background got changed.
Bara-
Look at the song's folder and look at the BG name
Then look at the .osu file under events
If it's the same name, it's weird
If they are different the mapper changed the BG thus you need to redl
Topic Starter
KanoSet
weird.. when i checked i found them and everything was normal
but i'm pretty sure it said that sentence about deleted background when i was spectating
well.. i guess this is resolved
thx ^^
Andrea
Somtimes this can be resolved by just updating all your Beatmaps with pressing F5 while being on the songs menù, just for future reference if you will happen to have the same issue again.
Topic Starter
KanoSet
it seems to happen only when i spectate - happened again -.. it's fine by me tbh as long as it come back when i play
but ye it's a bug.. i guess
Trosk-

KanoSet wrote:

it seems to happen only when i spectate - happened again -.. it's fine by me tbh as long as it come back when i play
but ye it's a bug.. i guess
I think you are the first person I hear saying that.

So, the background of the maps is fine until you spectate someone and then it dissappears?
Disappear
This happens to me when i spectate ONLY. I believe its just some bug because sometimes it works and then after the person retries a couple of times it will show that message. I only get this problem when i was on the Stable osu! It never happens when i was on cutting edge (or not yet that is). So if you want that to stop then use cutting edge. That is all i can think of :/
TheVileOne
There isn't much we can do without replication steps. The logic doesn't change between loading a map while playing and loading a replay. Spectating may put the game in a weird state and it gets confused as to what map is being played. You would surely notice this if this was the case right?