forum

[Archived] osu!tablet doesn't work with absolute mapping to window

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
headphase
Problem Details:

When I have "map absolute raw input to osu! window" ticked and my osu! window is not fullscreen, the "actual" windows cursor is still mapped to fullscreen, even though the osu! cursor is mapped to the osu! window, meaning if I aim at the corner of the area with my tablet, the osu! window will lose focus because the "actual" cursor is outside.

I have the Huion drivers for the 420 tablet installed, and it doesn't let me map the screen region, only the region of the tablet surface.

I'm not sure where the problem is at (osu!, Huion drivers, or Windows maybe?). Could someone help me?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Kind of hard to show because puush doesn't capture the cursor, but if you look at top right corner the osu! cursor is within the window but the real cursor is hovering over the clock (the label popped up)

osu! version: 20150802 (latest)
VeilStar
This is a known issue and I don't think there's a solution to it. One work-around might be to use letterboxing (which is available on the beta & cutting edge release streams). Why not change the in-game sensitivity or mapping area instead? The cursor won't be locked inside the osu! window, but it should feel the same and you won't have this issue.
peppy
Don't install drivers and use raw input instead. Unless your tablet has a green indicator LED, in which case you'll need to flash the device to use it with raw input (contact me at pe@ppy.sh if this is the case).
Yana

peppy wrote:

Don't install drivers and use raw input instead. Unless your tablet has a green indicator LED, in which case you'll need to flash the device to use it with raw input (contact me at pe@ppy.sh if this is the case).
Is there any way that the raw input to osu! setting works with drivers installed? I tried not having drivers and the setting worked, but the scope of the tablet is huge and I can't change it, so now my hand can't reach the full horizontal length without ruining the sensitivity vertically. It's like trying to fit a rectangle into a square...
Trosk-

[Fakku] wrote:

Is there any way that the raw input to osu! setting works with drivers installed? I tried not having drivers and the setting worked, but the scope of the tablet is huge and I can't change it, so now my hand can't reach the full horizontal length without ruining the sensitivity vertically. It's like trying to fit a rectangle into a square...
Well, if you want to play with a "square" area and you play on 16:9, do not enable "map absolute raw input to the osu! window", because if will probably mess up your area. Just play without that option and you are good.