forum

[Archived] Sound System Not recognizing Osu, no sound is available.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Breastiality
Problem Details:

As of today my sound system, IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, is not recognizing osu! and therefore is not able to produce any sound. I looked up some suggestion, but the only one I could find was deleting the directory for my user, but that didn't work.
Also, I don't know if this is relevant but my scores are also no longer being recieved on my account either. I really have no clue what to do, so if anyone could help I'd be grateful.

EDIT: Osu! is no longer registering my clicks either when I play maps.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
Regarding the "osu! is no longer registering my clicks" issue, I'm gonna leave here a text from TheVileOne.

TheVileOne wrote:

When the game is using virtual time (aka not playing with an active audio device), it wont detect clicked circles. Virtual time is only used when the game cannot detect your audio device, such as when you unplug it.
Regarding the sound issue, as far as I know, osu! doesn't like Surround sound and HD audio much. Could you disable it and activate stereo?

Also, make sure that you have the correct device selected here:

Topic Starter
Breastiality
Unfortunately, it doesn't give me any other options to choose from so I can't really fix it with that. It never had a problem with the audio device i used before, not sure why it's acting up now. It is selected on the right one on the osu! settings.
Trosk-
So, you were using the same device and it suddenly stopped working?
Topic Starter
Breastiality
Yeah it was my first time opening osu! today, it worked yesterday.
Trosk-

Breastiality wrote:

Yeah it was my first time opening osu! today, it worked yesterday.
And didn't you change anything? It's not usual to stop working if you didn't touch or change anything. Do you know if you installed something that could be interefering or messing up the audio device?

Anyways.. Try to unplug and plug your audio device again. Also, maybe you should try to update or reinstall your audio drivers.
Topic Starter
Breastiality
I didn't do anything or install anything within the last week. I'll try reinstalling the drivers I guess.
TheVileOne
That sounds like a generic audio driver. Does your input device not have its own drivers?