forum

[resolved] Intuos PT "Wobbly" cursor issue, any ideas?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maelstrom
Ive used a few wacom tablets and all of them seem to have the same problem some time in their life, even after a few days of use or even first time using it, ive tried many updates and versions and the probably still persists.

The cursor wobbles, almost like its being unresponsive, if i make a circle it almost makes a perfect square shape with my cursor, if i move in a straight line it wobbles all over the place, sometimes it begins to happen at random, then doesn't go away, even with a pc restart and i have to uninstall and reinstall drivers untill one decides to work.

Ive tried to record the problem but its hard to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQnSdRLKkE
This still might come in useful, im not sure.

This problem has cursed me for a few years now and im getting tired of it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the cursor and tablet work perfectly fine on the windows log in screen and for a few seconds when i log in, when programs start to load and drivers kick in, the problem begins.
VeilStar
I would have blamed an extremely low polling rate but that doesn't seem to be the case.
It's almost as if it decides to snap to a low density grid of points.

When you say you've "tried many updates and versions", does that include legacy drivers? If not, try those. Other than that all I can say is make sure you're using the Pen mode as opposoded to Mouse mode and untick the windows ink checkbox in the drivers.

I do have this issue to some extend with my CTH 480, though if only happens if I hover the pen without touching the surface first. Luckily for me I tabtip with mouse buttons off (mainly to help with rhythm) so it doesn't really ever affect me.

Maelstrom wrote:

I forgot to mention, the cursor and tablet work perfectly fine on the windows log in screen and for a few seconds when i log in, when programs start to load and drivers kick in, the problem begins.
If this is the case, try closing down any and all processes that aren't required for your PC to operate properly and see if it's a process or driver causing this?
Topic Starter
Maelstrom
I have tried legacy drivers, I'll try going through all my process now and update you on the result.

Edit: after some playing around, i noticed ending the process on "Tablet Service for professional driver" stops the wobbling, BUT it resets the tablet to default settings, meaning its still unusable, im guessing the problem lies in the driver itself, but i wonder what triggers it to happen at random times in its lifespan.

Edit (solved): So, after a bit more playing around, ending the process of "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel" everything is working perfectly, what a weird conflict, seeing as its default with 8.1 i wonder if others have the same issue.