forum

[Archived] .dll deleted without any reason

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
azer467
Problem Details: .dll files deleted in the osu! folder randomly, osu!updater can't apply the update and block at 70% then say that an internet error as occured

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
The folder

note: i removed the files "osu!.db.*random number* and presence.db.*random number* because i don't know if it's something private related to my account
The updater

note: it means "Welcome, an error as occured, please check your internet connection"

EDIT: I've made a "backup" folder with every .dll in it by reinstalling the game with the offline installer and i moved the missing dlls in my "broken osu!folder", everything is working again after moving these ( note that it's the 4th time this bug happens to me ) the working osu!folder should be something like that :

osu! version: 20150414.2
abraker
I had the same problem with the ingame updater last week. The updater went to around 3/4 way done and said that there was an error. It took me 3 to 5 tries by randomly selecting releases and restarting the game to get it snap out of it. Don't know about the dll though.
Topic Starter
azer467

abraker wrote:

I had the same problem with the ingame updater last week. The updater went to around 3/4 way done and said that there was an error. It took me 3 to 5 tries by randomly selecting releases and restarting the game to get it snap out of it. Don't know about the dll though.
If it happens again you could see that some files are missing in the osu!folder ( if it's the same "bug" as me )
TheVileOne
The numbers attached to the end indicate a backup file. If you can replicate this with specific corrupted files of yours, then providing those files will be helpful. dlls are not deleted until update is ready to be moved from staging to your osu! folder. Some dlls that are no longer used may get removed from your folder.