forum

[Archived] Connection failed...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
touchmeimsick
Problem Details:

Can't seem to connect to the osu! servers, been having this problem all day, I know it's not my internet, and it keeps trying to re connect although still nothing. I've tried restarting the game, login in and logging out of both the site and the client. Anyone else having this problem? I live in NJ, US

*UPDATE* I tried re-installing the client although it tells me that an error occurred and that i'm not connected to the internet which I most certainly am, this is extremely frustrating and i'm trying to not lose any rank
VeilStar
Anti-virus or firewall blocking the connection perhaps? Try turning them off temporarily.

Or try the following
  1. Open the 'windows firewall with advanced security'. (Search for "firewall" or get to it trough the control panel.)
  2. Go to 'Inbound Rules' and click on 'New Rule...'.
  3. Program -> Browse to the osu!.exe file -> Allow the connection > Select all.
  4. Do the same for 'Outbound Rules'.
  5. Temporarily disable your anti-virus.
  6. Reboot your router.
Topic Starter
touchmeimsick

VeilStar wrote:

Anti-virus or firewall blocking the connection perhaps? Try turning them off temporarily.

Or try the following
  1. Open the 'windows firewall with advanced security'. (Search for "firewall" or get to it trough the control panel.)
  2. Go to 'Inbound Rules' and click on 'New Rule...'.
  3. Program -> Browse to the osu!.exe file -> Allow the connection > Select all.
  4. Do the same for 'Outbound Rules'.
  5. Temporarily disable your anti-virus.
  6. Reboot your router.
Thanks for the tips, I will definitely try these when I get home from school today if the problem is persisting. Also, this only just happened after the recent update, have any news on why that may have caused the problem?