forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Song select behaves weirdly for beatmap with large maps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Problem Details: Song select behaves weirdly for beatmap with large maps.

To replicate:
1). Select a song with lots of maps (difficulties) in it (ie. Gigantic OTN).
2). Highlight anywhere in the expansion but make sure that the whole "beatmap exansion" fill your screen.
3). Move to other songs using arrow keys.

You should see the whole song select list come out from top or bottom (depending on which way you press the arrow keys) instead of transitioning to the next one.

This also happens in b20150526.5cuttingedge

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Maybe this will help so... here goes:

osu! version: 20150526.6beta
Renevant
Okay, i think i see what you mean.

Having highlighted Gigantic OTN, I clicked the arrow key to the next song. When i did this, the listed songs in the song selection kinda disappear for a second while it loads.

abraker
I look fine

VeilStar
I don't see what's wrong. What should it do instead of what it does now then?
RvNovae

VeilStar wrote:

It looks like it takes more time to switch from a map with more difficulties to different ones.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

abraker wrote:

I look fine

Read how to replicate carefully. Your "map expansion" must fill your screen. In other words, you have to have all the difficulties in the song to fill your whole vision, top to bottom can not have any other song to be seen, only the song playing. Gigantic OTN has a big difficulty selection that's why I chose it.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Olivarus wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

It looks like it takes more time to switch from a map with more difficulties to different ones.
Not quite right there.
VeilStar

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Not quite right there.
At least explain what's wrong with it..?
abraker
I'm with Veilstar. I still have no idea what the exact issue is. If it's a slight mapset loading delay, then I didn't experience it on my end.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

abraker wrote:

I'm with Veilstar. I still have no idea what the exact issue is. If it's a slight mapset loading delay, then I didn't experience it on my end.

VeilStar wrote:

At least explain what's wrong with it..?
Set your game mode to Standard.
Set Group by No Grouping and Sort by Artist (or Date Added just anything but Difficulty).
Select Gigantic OTN.
Scroll up or down so that the expanded difficulties in the beatmap fill your window.
Press left or right arrow keys.

You should notice that the whole song select disappears for a split second then emerging from the top or bottom depending on which way you pressed the arrow key instead of just transitioning to the next song.
RvNovae
No Issues on my end either, looks completely fine
VeilStar
Seeing it in person makes it alot worse... (It actually takes quite long for it to pop up with the songs list and caused massive stuttering when changing songs with the arrow keys afterwards, on my end.) Confirming.

Edit: here's another map with a lot of difficulties in case someone wants to replicate this.
abraker
Just inspected it some more on cutting-edge. It's wierd. The bug happens for some maps, and for some doesn't. For example the +Danshi mapset does this, while iJinJin's The Wrath of ET Blocko does not to some extent.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

VeilStar wrote:

Seeing it in person makes it alot worse... (It actually takes quite long for it to pop up with the songs list and caused massive stuttering when changing songs with the arrow keys afterwards, on my end.) Confirming.

Edit: here's another map with a lot of difficulties in case someone wants to replicate this.
I don't get the stutter but yeah...
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

abraker wrote:

Just inspected it some more on cutting-edge. It's wierd. The bug happens for some maps, and for some doesn't. For example the +Danshi mapset does this, while iJinJin's The Wrath of ET Blocko does not to some extent.
I haven't tried this but does this has anything to do with the map having more than one mode?
abraker
Both have more than one mode so I don't think that's the cause.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

abraker wrote:

I meant that because it has more than one mode that's why it happens?
O2MasterFX

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

abraker wrote:

I meant that because it has more than one mode that's why it happens?
I don't know, but I can also confirm on this beatmap too, so how many game mode does the map have isn't the problem here.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Improve behavior when all visible beatmap panels suddenly disappear. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150529cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.