forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Songlist random sound bug/lock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Nyurin -
Problem Details:

When using F2 to randomly choose a diff in your song menu, if you put your cursor in somewhere between 2 diffs, this random roll might act oddly. Normally osu! will roll quickly and smoothly in song menu, but when your cursor is in the right places, it will stuck at somewhere and keep playing that sound effect. You can move your cursor to the left of the screen(i.e., not putting it on diffs), then the glitched sound effect will stop until you drag your cursor back to the right.

From what I see, it only happens if your cursor is in the right places(Yeah, there seem to be multiple places that can trigger this problem). But if you do so, since osu! won't always go the same distance when rolling in the maps, you still need to try a few times. Try to put your cursor exactly in the middle of two diffs, that might make the bug more possible to happen.

It seems that, while trying to make the bug happen, the rolling direction has nothing to do with your cursor's location. If your cursor is above a diff, no matter whether the song menu's rolling up or down, the problem could happen, vice versa.

When the song menu is bugged, you can simply drag your mouse out of the menu(put it on the osu! icon at the right-bottom corner, for instance), then the problem will immediately be solved.

In the bugged song menu, you can only choose one of the diffs below your currently chosen diff. However, instead of choosing the clicked one, osu! will jump to another random map.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Stuck! (cursor below a diff.) 1

Stuck! (cursor below a diff.) 2

Stuck! (cursor above a diff.)

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
RvNovae
took me some time but i can confirm this

seems like the hover sound is being looped because both diffs are selected the same time
FrzR
I encountered this out of nowhere before. Was like a month ago.
VeilStar
This happened to me so many times but I never found a way to replicate it.
(And I'm not able to actually replicate it like this, maybe I'm doing something wrong though, but I can confirm that this is a thing that happens.)
Indeed started about a month ago as Fr33z3r said.
RvNovae
what about marking it as confirmed then?
VeilStar

Olivarus wrote:

what about marking it as confirmed then?
If I'm able to replicate it I will, but I can't after trying for about 10 minutes.

Edit: Finally managed to replicate it.
It's hard to purposely replicate it though, to the point I'm not sure if the cursor location matters.

Edit 2: Doesn't seem to really be tied to F2 in general. Every time I've had (except for once when I was trying to replicate it as described in this thread this was when switching from the 'no grouping' to the 'collections' tab.
RvNovae
I just recorded this bug happening for those who may want to take a look:

_index
Problem Details:
created thread related to the bug after talking with Tom94
video as explanation should be clear enough, only used left click on mouse, when sound lock appears - wasnt clicking at all

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
RvNovae
same thing also happens when pressing f2 often while holding the cursor between two difficulties

t/316264
VeilStar

Olivarus wrote:

<stuff>
You ninja. Was looking for this. But yeah, a duplicate indeed.

@ _index - Mind bumping that thread? Because it's probably not exactly as the OP of that thread described it.
Merged both threads.
xNinjaKittyx
I think what I just got is the same thing here.

I had my listings listed by "Rank Achieved" and "By Difficulty

All i did is have a song selected in the "S" section and then when I selected a song in the "C" section (no pun intended), it locked the sound where its scrolling through sounds AS IF it were to be scrolling through my entire list between those 2 songs.

(Not easily repeatable. I think it happens most often when its after a song played, but that's not guaranteed either)
xxxafiqxxx
same problem
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix hover sound loop happening under rare circumstances. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150607.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Tom94
Please let us know if you can still replicate this issue on the latest cutting edge version. Pretty confident that it is fixed now, but can't say for sure.
TheVileOne
I can't replicate it anymore. I'm going to call it fixed.
VeilStar
Unresolving... because Repflez still had this issue today in the latest cuttingedge build.

If this is still an issue for anyone in the latest cuttingedge build please DO post here.
TheVileOne
I couldn't replicate it via my method. It is resolved for my replication technique.
Lyaneii
Stable fallback still has the random scroll issue, atleast for me.
Version: b20151228.3