forum

[Archived] beat map is downloading to long

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Louserlord
Mofu kun
could you not have cropped it and used puush to upload?

putting that aside, are you sure that your router isn't throttling connections to the osu server in any way?
Topic Starter
Louserlord
k download puush and how can i repair the connection between router and osu? :?:
Wingman626

Mofu kun wrote:

could you not have cropped it and used puush to upload?
well that, and for ease of use so you dont have to click a link and open a new tab, do this instead and it will load the image in the post itself
[img]*your link here*[/img]

Mofu kun wrote:

putting that aside, are you sure that your router isn't throttling connections to the osu server in any way?
i think your talking about OP's ISP (Internet Service Provider)

your router shouldn't be throttling bandwidth unless you set that up manually on supported routers

Louserlord wrote:

k download puush and how can i repair the connection between router and osu? :?:
with push, after you register and bind the program to your account; just use the key combination "CTRL+SHIFT+U" and a window will pop up asking you what image to upload to your account. once uploaded, a pop up message will appear from your task bar with the link to where it was uploaded, so you can use it for sharing and the like.

as for the connection between your 'router' and your computer; you can try a few things:::
----------------------

a neat and tidy box, yahhh
Check your Wireless Connection

usually, if your lucky, the amount of bandwidth you can get from a wireless connection and the bandwidth you get from your ISP are two different numbers.

Routers are rated on an a, b, g, or n system, with the same speed ratings as the wireless adapter you use for your computer. If your computer has a “b” adapter and the router has a “g” rating, the maximum bandwidth that you’ll have is around 11 Mbps, so on and so forth

but your ISP bandwidth tells a whole other story. The speed of the router and your computer are pretty much in the clutches of your ISPs Stubby Little Paws (and vice versa). If the bandwidth your paying for is 100 Mbps, and your computer and router can only push 11Mbps, then you guessed it; your highest will be 11Mbps.

[i currently have a 50mbps plan for around $80 a month, but my router can only use around 5 on a wireless connection, and around 11-12 (throttled down to 6 -7) on a wired connection] in conclusion, wired connections are far better than wireless ones. The latest wired network devices are capable of peak speeds of 1Gbps. (1Gpbs = 1000Mbps). even though ISPs (other than google fiber) can not push these speeds, it's still good to know that a router can push whatever your bandwidth plan is.

and then theres hurtles you have to watch out for with wireless signals. wireless networks are vulnerable to interference from common things like microwaves, cordless phones, copper piping, ETC. so move your router to a good spot
also to note: rather than having a dedicated full-duplex connection to your router as you would with a wired connection, with wireless you have a shared-segment network where every device is in the same collision domain. so data travels in a queue'd line (two or more things can't go through at one time)

to make sure your router is 'up to par' you can measure its throughput. this is sort of a lengthy process, so for the sake of a short post, refer to this article and scroll down to the "Measuring Throughput" section.

also, make sure you know what your internet plan is. also do some speed tests as well to see if what your ISP says and what the test says are different. ive been using the 50mbps plan i was talking about earlier to compensate for the throttle.

keep location in mind to. sometimes, the route of all problems is an ISP issue, and most of the time, theres nothing you can do about it
Topic Starter
Louserlord

wingman626 wrote:

as for the connection between your 'router' and your computer; you can try a few things:::
----------------------
i don't think this is the root of the problem, because i play online games like lol or watch streams without many lags. My internet connection between router and mac is fine. i can download osu, i can install beat maps from other sites(http://bloodcat.com/osu/) and i can download beat maps package(windows don't have) with proper speed. My problem is only that i can not download beatmaps on this site. :|
VeilStar
I think it's pretty safe to assume it's a routing issue then.
In which case not much can be done about it.

Contact your ISP and inform them of this and see if they can do anything about it.
Alashir
Hey! Welcome to the forums.

Thank you for contacting us, and we will try to fix your issue as soon as possible! :)

From what I saw and read, it is most likely a problem with your internet.
Most likely a routing problem, which is fixed by contacting ISP.
Try unplugging your router for 10 seconds, or connecting your computer to the router via ethernet cables
If this doesn't solve your issue, feel free to email support, or reply to this post