forum

[Archived] High mouse input latency / polling rate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UltraRik
First of all, I'm using Win7 OS, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA 520 M series, and intel i3 processor.
I run Ou in fullscreen, and have tried both OpenGL and DirectX(laggs so much worse) and nothing helps.

My mouse used to work perfectly with low 2-3ms latency and 125 polling rate.
But i sort of err.. broke it.. So i got a new one, more expensive one too.
And it had too much latency, also again i tried different mouses but still it goes from 9 to 16 ms(pictures below), which
is not that bad, except that I can not rank up with that. AT ALL. Insanes are unplayable with that configuration.

I tried overclocking the mouse input refresh rate, which didn't do a damn thing :(
I also overclocked my GPU and increased the framerate to 240/unlimited, and disabling
windows cursor acceleration (raw input always on), all of which didn't help.
I'm in desperate need of lowering that latency. Heres some print screens of my
Afterburner settings, mouse overclock and the rate/latency with raw input:

So, PLEASE.. Help me lower the latency somehow :(

Warning: Giant image incoming

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
Sleeman
What mouse is it? Use native drivers for the mouse
Topic Starter
UltraRik

Drunkguy101 wrote:

What mouse is it? Use native drivers for the mouse
I used multiple mouses, right now I'm using

"bazoo B-MSOU GX"

and previously I used:
Wireless 'GIGATECH 2.4G Wireless" (naturally it had muchlatency)
some type of 'Genius' mouse (i burned it and scraped it all around to get a better grip so don't know the name),
and recently i bought a slightly better 'SPEEDLINK' mouse with adjustable DPI, didn't do much good too.. :/

And I'm also using Driver Booster (IObit) so I'm pretty sure the drivers are up to date :P
VeilStar
How about running your PC without ANY processes that aren't required,
and seeing if that makes any difference, to narrow out software related causes?

Also what the hell at "overclocking the mouse input refresh rate"? The polling rate is what it is.
Overclocking your GPU isn't gonna make a difference.

Also get a really good mouse while you're at it. 100 5$ mice is still only gonna give you a 5$ mice to work with.
(Now I'm not saying go spend insane amounts of money on some snake oil nonsense with a 1000 buttons and LEDs either.
Just a mouse with good ergonomics and a nice sensor.)

(Also don't use vsync, ever.)
Topic Starter
UltraRik

VeilStar wrote:

How about running your PC without ANY processes that aren't required,
and seeing if that makes any difference, to narrow out software related causes?

Also what the hell at "overclocking the mouse input refresh rate"? The polling rate is what it is.
Overclocking your GPU isn't gonna make a difference.

Also get a really good mouse while you're at it. 100 5$ mice is still only gonna give you a 5$ mice to work with.
(Now I'm not saying go spend insane amounts of money on some snake oil nonsense with a 1000 buttons and LEDs either.
Just a mouse with good ergonomics and a nice sensor.)

(Also don't use vsync, ever.)
Thanks for thorough advice, but
I use Advanced Systemcare to clean RAM and close all background apps almot all the time
And also, yes im new to this mouse performance stats, polling rate must be the correct term.
Overclocking GPU was to get maximum FPS out of it, because all below 120 adds to the latency.
And buying a new mouse is out of the question, the mouse i just bought (adjustable DPI, no unnecessary sheet)
didn't help reducing the lagg.

USB ports might be the problem, i seem to be getting higher latency on one of them which sometimes doesn't work,
but I don't know what to do about that. :(

Ty again, if theres any other solution to this other than buying mouses or a tablet, I'll be waiting for it here :o