forum

[resolved] Osu! Crashing while in Editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Problem Details:
I didn't find this kind of crash in the Solved Issue, don't really know what the log means, so I'm searching for help

When I'm on editor, after some time, osu! crash. Can't give more details about this, it just happens every time I'm on editor or playing without FullScreen enabled.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! oh no! log
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at #tb.#Jb.#mu()
at #tb.#zb.#9s()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
Wingman626

Lilith Sakaki wrote:

Problem Details:
I didn't find this kind of crash in the Solved Issue, don't really know what the log means, so I'm searching for help

When I'm on editor, after some time, osu! crash. Can't give more details about this, it just happens every time I'm on editor or playing without FullScreen enabled.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! oh no! log
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at #tb.#Jb.#mu()
at #tb.#zb.#9s()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)

quick question, when was the last time you updated your .net and xna framework and directx ETC. ETC.?
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Something like a month ago, Gonna try to do update of those when I'll be on my computer
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Updated .net , xna and directx, still getting this

osu! oh no! log
at #tb.#Jb.#mu()
at #tb.#zb.#9s()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
Wingman626

Lilith Sakaki wrote:

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
well from what i know

you say that it only happens in the editor and whenever you play without fullscreen enabled

so if you play in fullscreen, it runs fine?

have you tried running in windowed mode?

looks like a graphics issue to me.

i mean, when you change to the editor, the game changes to a borderless window, so if you running fullscreen, it'll appear fullscreen. but when you press the windows key you can see your start menu pop up with the game open.

sounds to me the game has an issue with certain native resolutions and/or the type of window. try updating GPU drivers.

edit:: what hardware are you running osu on?

is it a laptop or a desktop? how old is it? also list its specs if you can
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]

wingman626 wrote:

Lilith Sakaki wrote:

System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
so if you play in fullscreen, it runs fine?

have you tried running in windowed mode?

edit:: what hardware are you running osu on?

is it a laptop or a desktop? how old is it? also list its specs if you can
It runs fine while playing in fullscreen, yup.

Even in windowed mode, it crashed :'(

I'm running on DirectX

I'm on a laptop, not even 6 months old

Specs
Name : MSI GS70 2PC-419XFR Stealth
Processor : Intel Core i5-4200H (Dual-Core 2.8 GHz / 3.4 GHz Turbo )
RAM : 8Go
Graphic chipset : Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M
Graphic memory : 2Go
Screen : 1920x1080 17'3 inches LED
Stockage : HDD 1To @ 7200RPM
Alimentation : 5400 mAh with 6 cells
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Still having this bug, help me please c:
drum drum
are you running anything else in the background when this happens?
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]

drum drum wrote:

are you running anything else in the background when this happens?
Thanks for your quick answer, drum drum =3

I tried with Chrome running, it happens
I tried with Steam/Origin running, it happens
I tried with VLC, it happens
I tried with nothing else running, it happens :'(
TheVileOne
Your graphics card isn't threading properly. Drivers will need to be updated. If they are up to date, try rolling back an update. If that doesn't work then not much else can be done until your graphics card manufacturer gets their shit together.
murmurp
Checking in to say that I get the same error... I've had the occassional crash in edit mode for quite a long time (I'm not sure if those errors were the same too as it was a while ago) but now it's appearing in normal play too. I'm going to try full-screen for a while as I hadn't thought of that before. nVidia here by the way.
Wingman626

murmurp wrote:

Checking in to say that I get the same error... -- nVidia here by the way.
OP is using same GPU Manufacturer, but we don't know what model your currently running on...

as always, post as much information as you can, 'as not all' identical problems can be cause by the same thing.

post hardware specs, error messages; the usual, and someone from either the support team, a dev, or the usual scrub (like me) will try and help you with your situation.

Lilith Sakaki wrote:

Still having this bug, help me please c:
im sorry i couldn't be of much help to you Lilith. :cry:

but it looks like a support team member has come to the rescue, so all hope is not lost :)
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]

wingman626 wrote:

but it looks like a support team member has come to the rescue, so all hope is not lost :)
Still thanks a lot for your help =3
Yeah, someone came, but I think he is right, it's a PC-side problem, so not so much can be done here :'(
TheVileOne
Keep in mind that multiple processes may utilize threading capabilities. Your GPU may just be bad at managing multiple programs using the same threads.
Topic Starter
[Hiiro Sakaki]
Okay, you can delete this thing, it seems that the last beta build fixes my problem ^^
Arigatou everyone !