forum

[resolved] [BSS]HTTP/1.1 524 Origin Time-out while updating beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pawlyk here
I didn't find any similar threads or solutions on forum, so i decided to write it myself.

Beatmap in question: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/253155

Problem Details:
Recently I've made many changes to my beatmap, so yesterday, I wanted to update it. The uploading process seemed to go well, but at the "Distributing to global network" step, it stayed for about a minute. After the time, an error window appears with "HTTP/1.1 524 Origin time-out". I tried again many times with no effect. I work on this beatmap for 2 months and so far, there weren't any problems with uploading, even when i had much slower internet connection.

The things I also tried:
- Running Osu! as Administator
- Changing language in Osu! (lel)
- Restarting my router
- Turning off antivirus protection with firewall (AVG internet security 2015)
- Deleting AVG and using Windows 8.1's built-in Windows Defender instead
- Updating beatmap on other computer with the same network

None of them worked :(

Ultimately, I even sent exported .osz file to my trusted friend, so he could update it on his pc, using my account. He has the same problem as me, so i guess it might be some server-related problem.

I hope it can be solved somehow.
Thanks in advance!

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
Damnae
Can you give a link to the osz you're trying to upload?
Topic Starter
Pawlyk here
Topic Starter
Pawlyk here
Bump.
Today i tried updating the other beatmap and i had the same error as above.
Does anybody have the same issue?
I live in Poland and i have my network connection from Orange, Neostrada that is.
Reazen
I have the same problem,
My internet provider is also Orange xD
Die_Schokohexe
I have the same problem
Topic Starter
Pawlyk here
For the roundabout method, you can update your beatmaps somewhere else (with other network provider), for example at school, it should work.
The problem still persists for me, but I discovered, that I get this error only when it uploads all the files. I managed to update my beatmap at home, when it only uploaded .osu files.

So maybe try making small changes then update it.
playin14
I have the same problem since last week. Other users can upload their maps so I guess it has something to do with my computer or internet connection. I hope someone can help.
Loony
I'm having the same error, while uploading beatmaps, and my internet provider is also Neostrada.
But as I remember, once I have uploaded a map with the same internet connection, a lot before that problem happened.
As I see no one has solved it yet, and that's why I'm worried. So anyone that can help - please, take a look of this problem, and at least try to find a sollution.
Topic Starter
Pawlyk here
Well, I don't have that problem anymore (i guess). It got fixed, when there was a network shut down in Orange (network provider in Poland), when they fixed it, my problem disappeared aswell. I guess you cant really do much in that case.

If you really want to upload your maps, you should do it somewhere else with other network provider.
Sorry for not posting this earlier.
TheVileOne
Well glad that they fixed the issue. :)