forum

Being able to undo update on a map.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
-Tochi
So, here today i accidentally updated my map on my other computer. And it was the old version of the map, and now i need to map 1:30 min again. That sucks...yes. It would be cool if you were able to press on a button like:
Before u ask; It was showed as "Unsubmitted" so i updated it without knowing that it was the old version.
Bara-
Don't get me wrong, but how will they ever get the old data back if you completely overwrote the old data?
Topic Starter
-Tochi

baraatje123 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, but how will they ever get the old data back if you completely overwrote the old data?
Maybe by saving/backing up each update. So u can find a list of the updates.
xasuma
Perhaps it could save your last 2/3 or so versions of a map. Kind of like an OS does when you need to restore to the past. I like this idea. At the very least for beat maps created by you.
Redon
Topic Starter
-Tochi

Redon wrote:

I've wondered before why the game doesn't already do that, .osu files are plain text worth a few KB each, so there would be no harm in backing up the previous file locally every time you save.

Step 1: Automatically create a backup sub-folder in a beatmap folder
Step 2: Every time a user saves changes to their beatmap, move the old .osu file into the backup folder with a timestamp and a .bak extension
Step 3: Ignore the backup folder and its contents when the beatmap is submitted
Yeah, something like that. I hope it gets noticed by peppy.
Bara-
I believe it has been requested and denied before
They told that there are other programs which can do it
Not sure though
Don't see anything wrong with it though
Topic Starter
-Tochi

baraatje123 wrote:

I believe it has been requested and denied before
They told that there are other programs which can do it
Not sure though
Don't see anything wrong with it though
It would not be that effective if there's another program to do it. Maybe it's a good program, but what if u are using someone's computer to map because u are not home, and he/she doesn't allow to install programs he/she doesn't know? And u mapped a lot on the map.
Ciyus Miapah
how about add some update history link in thread?
old updates will removed after 24 hours
Topic Starter
-Tochi

Fort wrote:

Yeah, like just uploading some .osz files in a box where u have to write "Creators Words" or something.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

xasuma wrote:

Perhaps it could save your last 2/3 or so versions of a map. Kind of like an OS does when you need to restore to the past. I like this idea. At the very least for beat maps created by you.

Fort wrote:

Ahmmmm... If one of this suggestions will be accepted, I suggest that the osu! editor can be able to view the old versions for reference.... Just like what osu!amania can do~.... Both suggestions are great!!!!!.... :D BUMP! :D

--Nekomosh004
CompiNerd
I'd really like like a temp folder in which you can revert changed made to the last map you updated.

last time i updated a map i was reallly really unhappy with the new BG, i didn't know it would get patched away so i didn't think much about it.
But now i see no way to get that picture back, and i miss it :(

So i'd be cool to have something like a Folder in your Osu/Maps folder which is named like "temp/saved map" something like that.

Please!