Topic Starter
GhastlyMars
Problem Details:
Download the installer launch it, instantly crashes. used to work, help pls

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

http://imgur.com/XvButc9

osu! version: 20140814.1
Kyonko Hizara
Do any other error messages come up aside from it just saying osu! has stopped working?

Also your client seems to be out of date
Topic Starter
GhastlyMars
I go to download page click download thats the client im using, no other messages
VeilStar
Download this, extract it, and run the osu!.exe.
Update on wether or not it works, crashes aswell, or what happens.
Topic Starter
GhastlyMars
works in winrar doesnt work when extracted
VeilStar

GhastlyMars wrote:

works in winrar doesnt work when extracted
Wut... That's strange.

Could you make sure your UAC settings are set to default (second highest), and that you have all neccesairy windows updates installed?
NeVMiku
If you're using Windows 8.1 (or even 8), on the rar file right click and click properties then click on the General tab. Click on "Unblock" at the bottom then try extracting again.
Topic Starter
GhastlyMars
Tried unblocking, Etc still doesnt work ;-;
Wingman626

GhastlyMars wrote:

Tried unblocking, Etc still doesnt work ;-;

if you have the know-how, look at the event viewer and check what causes the error

also, from previous, experience, i will mention something else than what everyone else is mentioning.

if opening it from the .rar works and not the computer:

have you tried running it as 'administrator'?
right click it, go to properties, compatability tab, and check "run as administator"

have you updated everything on your computer?

check to see if your directx, .net, XMA, GPU drivers, ETC. is updated (even check your windows updater for critical/system updates) and try running Osu! again

also try some other things, like running osu as 'windows 7' or 'XP'

and try running a fresh copy of osu on a flash drive and see if it works from there.

there's really no crash log from osu! since it wasnt running to begin with, so the event viewer should help
Topic Starter
GhastlyMars
Updated all, tried flash drive still no work :(
Topic Starter
GhastlyMars
Okay it works when extracted and launched from usb but cant connect to internet, how fix? i have stable connection
NeVMiku
Sorry, internet is one of the things we can't sort out for you.
VeilStar

GhastlyMars wrote:

Okay it works when extracted and launched from usb but cant connect to internet, how fix? i have stable connection
t/314038

VeilStar wrote:

If you can't login in-game, but can totally fine on the website it's likely due to your firewall blocking it.

Open the Windows Firewall and add a 'new rule' on both inbound and outbound that 'allows the connection' for osu!.exe
Also if you have anti anti-virus programs (or similar) running, turn those off for now.

And then just try again.
If that doesn't work I'm not sure.
Alashir
Hey! Welcome to the forums.

You seem to be having problems with either your firewall, the version of osu, or the problem I had awhile ago.
If the clean install doesn't work for you, have you tried osume.exe? Install osume.exe and run it in your osu directory.
If you cant connect to the internet ingame, either your firewall is blocking it, your computer hates you, or the osu server is down (highly unlikely).

Edit: Now that you have gotten online, consider the following

1. Firewall
2. Restart internet
3. Server is down