forum

[Archived] "Storyboard Sample Sound" don't get the HT and DT mod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LordRaika
Problem Details:
As the title said... but please i know not everyone aware the words/meaning from "Storyboard Sample Sound"
So again, this is Storyboard Sample Sound

A TRIGGER that will play an audio file from that difficulty on specific offset that caused by the trigger.

PROBLEM :
-so yes, this sound can't be Double Time or Half Time mod, it will play at the same speed while the real song got the HT and DT effect.
this is completely annoying for mapper that use Storyboard Sample Sound.
-Another thing is this beatmap, that use Storyboard Sample Sound, all the audio file can be DT and HT.

So... WHY and how come?

Here "Video or screenshot showing the problem:"
i will direct it to my beatmap >>> https://osu.ppy.sh/b/564613

choose one dif ( with "old" on dif name tag ), and use DT or HT mod with autoplay then see what happen....
THEN, choose another dif without "old" on dif name tag with same mod, it works perfectly....

Note : notice the offed sync choir storyboard sample sound. ( right before chorus )

YES, the reason is because in *.osu file , i edit the script into :
AudioFilename: 

and...

[Events]
//Storyboard Sound Samples
Sample,0,0,"Over the Clouds -Burst Mix-.mp3",100

SO the biggest question is...
WHY no audio works just right..... but with mp3 , it doesnt works????

If possible , i want to avoid using this method for rank.
im sure QAT won't really allow me using this method because it will have 1 minor useless issue : " no preview time "
while the other things works just fine....

That's really all... please do smthg bout it.... Thank youuuu~

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
Fubukicat
Tested it out~ this need fix desu~ >n< support
Bara-
Yup
Confirm (tested on Imperishable night, which I can't pass w/o HT xD)
Topic Starter
LordRaika
yeap, its confirmed,

in short, why it works on no mp3, while with mp3(normal beatmap) the hitsound is not DT/HT
i think they forgot this, so i really wish they fix this,since im sure its not really that hard just to slip the same code use with no mp3 to normal one.
Damnae
It's not forgotten, it's that in most maps drum-like samples shouldn't be made faster/slower with DT/HT. Not having a main audio track is the simple way of detecting maps that do need to have their samples sped up or slowed down, as they are clearly meant to be fully keysounded.
Topic Starter
LordRaika

Damnae wrote:

It's not forgotten, it's that in most maps drum-like samples shouldn't be made faster/slower with DT/HT. Not having a main audio track is the simple way of detecting maps that do need to have their samples sped up or slowed down, as they are clearly meant to be fully keysounded.

Yes i can understand that reasoning ^^

But what bout my map that are using that kind of hitsound?